Broadband providers with UK customer support?

Associate
Having reached the sixth circle of hell with Vermin Media caused by connection issues we have suffered from for 8 months now, I'm looking for a slower, but probably more stable alternative.
Uk based customer support is important to me. Can anybody suggest providers who offer this still?
cheers

Associate
Thought about going independent? Try Southern Communications.

I work for them (in the Service Team) and can vouch that given the wallboard in front of me states our average speed of answer is 5 seconds, you're immediately speaking with someone who can help at first contact and is not a script reader.

Google our number and ask to speak to Raj, mention Dan in Service sent you his way and he'll take care of you.

Shawrey

Caporegime
BT are in the process of bringing everything back to the UK/Ireland. I'm not sure where TalkTalk's support is based out of, Virgin Media are in the Philippines I think, Vodafone have some call centres in Egypt which might as well not exist for all the assistance they are able to provide.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys. I quite like the sound of Zen and their website and pricing seem reassuring. I also like the idea they offer an option without a phone line that is decently cheaper as the only use our landline seems to get is cold calls and silent calls these days.

Does anybody else have experience of switching to a slower provider? I've been on 200mb with Virgin for ages and it looks like 50mb is going to be about the upper limit. I appreciate that downloading will take significantly longer, but is 50mb enough these days to cope with 4k streaming and still have some overhead for other people using it?

Soldato
Thanks for all the replies guys. I quite like the sound of Zen and their website and pricing seem reassuring. I also like the idea they offer an option without a phone line that is decently cheaper as the only use our landline seems to get is cold calls and silent calls these days.

You still need to rent a phone line so the broadband can be put over it. You may be adjusted to Virgin who don't need this but in most cases you do.

Don
I'm currently with Plusnet, who have UK based phone support, as well as access to support agents via their online forum (who have been excellent in my limited experience).

Not personally used Zen, but have heard good things about them over the years, so if I ever need to switch it would likely be to them.

Associate
To add some balance, I've had an awful time with Zen customer service. Took 3 months to resolve a line fault, after which I had this wonderful conversation with someone there:

Them: We need you to send the test router back to us.
Me: Sure, how? [Obviously meaning, send me a courier, or a pre-paid label]
Them: Post office?
Me: <Trying to keep things civil> Fine, I can do that.
Them: Ok, when?
Me: ....I can get to it next week.
Them: That's not good enough, you've had it for a long time as it is, it needs to be done now.

I also had a discount applied to my first bill after having my head bit off by one of their CS folks for relaying a message the OpenReach engineer told me to relay to them after the installation visit. I should have cancelled it all and found something else there and then, it was a sign of things to come.

I used Plusnet a few years back and they were always great, so I'd vouch for them.

Associate
I've been with Aquiss for more than a decade and they've always been great on the rare occasions I've needed to contact them. Not the cheapest but worth it. I've got two connections with them, one phone and broadband the other broadband only. If I ever need a connection they're the first place I go.
https://aquiss.net/

Back
Top Bottom