Amazon losing it's touch lately?

Soldato
I've probably been a Amazon customer for around 8 years now. Ordered all sorts of stuff on it but the last year I feel it's slowly got worse and worse. The plague of used items being sent out new is coming back and items going missing with Amazon couriers seems to appear at this time of year.

I live 4 miles away from the uks largest Amazon depot and they've already got there ads up for Christmas staff all over the place.

I've also seen prime dates increasing lately too so I guess demand is high. But my god they lost a 1050 quid laptop for me but marked it as delivered. I was a tiny bit fluming. It's probably why I prefer using the likes of ocuk over Amazon for stuff like this. Amazon is just a joke sometimes.

I know what it's like as a courier. Been with royal mail for 6 years but atleast we are managed better. Any customer complaint goes straight to the person that delivered that item no delay and it's sorted there and then. Amazon on the other hand refuses to communicate with there drivers.

Caporegime
Having spent many hours in their Distribution/fulfilment centres I’m frankly amazed that they’ve got as big as they are and are still operating.....

What concerns me more is the majority of their competitors are trying desperately to emulate their model.

From a consumer point of view they are fantastic, that adoration comes at a high price though......

Soldato
OP
I complained about my missing laptop and was quickly shut down in Amazon cs with " Please wait 24 hours before reporting it missing. We do not get in contact with amazon couriers. Anything else?" And quickly ended my chat. Have a funny feeling it's getting worse for everyone now.

Associate
Standard. And Royal Mail is preaching the work model as gospel.
Somehow the people getting 500k salary + 2 million bonuses are sure that's the standard the customers want.
Quite shocking when you see the access gate to back garden is 10 steps away from the front door, but the driver leaves the parcel at the doorstep, even busy roads. But when the regular postie try to do something properly, is harassed the next day why is wasting time.
I like using DPD. Never had problems with Hermes. Avoid Yodel like the plague. Amazon is fine, sometimes new courier ignore requests but nothing major.
When using the now busted Microdirect used Amtrak, busted too, but was pretty good.
City link was horrible.

Soldato
Any customer complaint goes straight to the person that delivered that item no delay and it's sorted there and then.
not in my experience. coincedentally was an amazon item, 3 times it was marked out for delivery, 3 times no delivery attempted just kept going back to the depot. customer services were worse than useless when i initially asked where the item was and then complained - just kept coming back with a stock email response. i had to go to my local post office and ask if they could contact the depot attempting the delivery and have it re-routed to them for pick up. i could have understood if i lived up the side of a mountain but no, i live in a town centre pretty much.

you are right however, in general amazon have been getting worse - certainly for delivery times.

Soldato
Yeah I get better delivery times from eBay currently unless they're shipping from the other side of the world. TBH I always look there first and Amazon second these days, pretty shocking really.

Soldato
+ protection is much better.
huh? you've 6 months, at best, with paypal. amazon have always been pretty much A1 with their cs when it comes to buyer protection. yea sure their deliveries have taken a bit of a nose dive (relatively speaking) but i can't believe eBay offers better buyer 'protection' than Amazon.

Soldato
You better believe it. Amazon CS has become shocking. They've told me that I can't return a hose pipe I bought because it's outside of the expected shelf life (6 months, 6 bloody months expected life for a hosepipe!!!!) of the product. They're a joke.

Soldato
I've bought a lot from them the past couple of weeks and they've been pretty solid deliverywise, exactly when advertised. I don't envy these flex drivers work load - walked pass a woman stopping outside my local corner shop and her van was piled to the roof full of Amazon parcels and women don't get the liberty of urinating in bottles.

Then again OP this has been low value stuff and wouldn't probably anything over £300 from them knowing the above.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow amazon must hate you guys or something. I’ve ordered loads of things from amazon in the past few yrs and never once ever had an issue with delivery.

Everything I have ordered in the past has come promptly and on time.

Soldato
I find myself rarely ordering from amazon let alone requiring quick delivery, I think I've forgotten why I signed up to Prime now.. I may cancel and if I feel I'm missing something i'll sign back up.

Don
Just to add a balanced argument, I order 2 - 3 times a week from Amazon and have never (yet) had anything go missing. Occasionally the date slips 24hours or so, but 95% of the time it arrives when it says it will.

I do have a "safe spot" porch with my house though, so I don't need to be home for anything to be delivered. It just gets left in the safe spot.

Soldato
I had an item go "missing" it was on the tracking history that the driver reported it damaged and returned to Amazon but I had to contact CS to get them to do anything of which my only option was a refund and because the item is under £20 I would have to pay delivery again

What i don't understand is why didn't a replacement get shipped out automatically, and why do they make it so difficult to contact CS, I couldn't select an appropriate option on the order I had to Google Amazon CS and provide the order number

Like someone else said I tend to search eBay first, of its not available or more expensive amazon second

Back
Top Bottom