HP Omen low sound output

Associate
Hi,

Recently acquainted with a HP Omen 17. I have noticed the sound is really low, even with all mixer volumes at max. Anyone else have this problem? and even better have a solution? I have updated all drivers with no effect.

TIA

Associate
Have you looked in omen audio control panel and what equaliser it has? The speakers on the laptop are quite naff, like most laptops. I'd recommend getting some portable ones to use.

I have some usb powered small square speakers i got from the local pc store but i wish i got these usb powered ones which are the same price i paid but better https://www.overclockers.co.uk/spee...d-stereo-speakers-5w-rms-black-sp-059-sl.html

Or you can get plug in ones but to be honest, surround headphones are the way.

Associate
OP
No audio options in omen command centre, i wasn't expecting brilliant sound, but my 10 year old vaio was twice the volume. And laptop does have 'Bang & Olufsen' stamped on it. I was hoping it would be drivers or an update that ive missed, but may have go headphone if not.

Associate
Open 'Omen Audio Control' and set the following;

Output = Full Volume

Music, Movie, Voice sections
Set each one individually to the following;

Bass = 80%
Treble = 100%
Dialogue Clarity = 100%

Finally on the Equalizer section
Set it to Powerful and then edit to the desired equalizer settings of your personal taste.
I personally lifted base to around +10db, mids to +6 and treble to +10

I then saved the new equalizer settings with a personal profile.

You should find that this gives adequate volume.

All the best

Back
Top Bottom