• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1050ti no picture on 4k tv. After boot screen?

Associate
As per title.

Finally getting around to tidying up my lads pc, mini Itx Haswell build.

This has his old drives from a previous pc fitted, but I was stumped last night when I noticed the Asus Cerberus 1050ti DVI slot wont take DVI cables, no pin holes above and below the slot pin if that makes sense. Its only ever done 1080p via HDMI.

So last night I finished wiring it all together, no image on tv. I pressed reset, bios came up, the Windows icon came up, then blank screen n tv switches its own screen saver on.

I run pc via onboard dvi to the monitor and Windows starts up but requires the update as its all new. Left that to run its course last night but at work now.

Does that sound like a Windows issue? Hoping a fresh install solves it.

Associate
It could also be a HDMI handshaking issue. Are you able to try toggling sources on the TV, to force the TV to re-handshake with the PC? It might be that because the boot screen isn't in 4K, the resolution isn't switching when Windows kicks in at 4K. I have to do it with my Windows 10 PC too, when running on a Samsung 40" 4K TV.

Even switching between sources that don't have any inputs works. Just need to re-force the TV to communicate with the PC.

Hope that helps?

Associate
OP
Hi guys, thankyou.

Yes it turned out in part to be a "handshake".

My HDMI input had previously been set for HDR on the xbox, was my partner who asked why there was a red dot on the tv menu next HDMI 1 lol. LG tv. Disabling that resolved the issue and picture was fine at 4k.

Was using an old 10m Van Den Hul HDMI that pre-dated 4k.

Back
Top Bottom