NEWBIE'ISH NEEDING SOME HELP! (GAMING PC UPGRADES)

Associate
Good afternoon everyone, i thought i would join this website as I'm in need of some advice
I have had this system since 2012 and recently trying to play some of the latest games its starting to struggle.
I have been interested in getting a PowerColor Radeon RX 590 Red Devil 8GB GDDR5 but the guys at ******** has said it would basically be bottle necked by the rest of my rig, and that it would be better off getting a new system or upgrading the RAM CPU and motherboard..is this a sales ploy or would it make sense?
I will attach some screenshots of my system.
Any advice from the tech guru's would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance..
Cypriotgeeza

upload

upload

upload
upload

Last edited:
Soldato
Good afternoon everyone, i thought i would join this website as I'm in need of some advice

Good morning and welcome to the forum.

I have been interested in getting a PowerColor Radeon RX 590 Red Devil 8GB GDDR5 but the guys at ******** has said it would basically be bottle necked by the rest of my rig, and that it would be better off getting a new system or upgrading the RAM CPU and motherboard..is this a sales ploy or would it make sense?

It makes sense. It will indeed bottleneck. You can still choose to purchase only an RX 590 or similar, and you'll get better performance than with your current 1GB VRAM GPU, but you won't be getting all the performance you've paid for. You can also run into stutter due to a better graphics card working the CPU more.

In other words, if you have enough budget the best option is a new CPU/motherboard/RAM as well as GPU.

Also, if you don't have an SSD, get one (500GB/1TB) for your operating system, programs and fave games. Bliss compared to mechanical drives.

You'll have to take account of your current power supply as well, how powerful it is, and how old it is and whether it is a wise choice to re-use it with new components.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your replies guys sorry for my late response..

The more i look into CPU/motherboard/RAM as well as GPU's its making me wonder wether to throw money at such an old rig..

I don't really have a budget atm just kind of wondering what to go for AMD or Intel..I've had AMD for so many years and have never had issues but starting to wonder if Intel is leading the market?

What is everyone's opinions on AMD or Intel

Soldato
Thank you for your replies guys sorry for my late response..

The more i look into CPU/motherboard/RAM as well as GPU's its making me wonder wether to throw money at such an old rig..

I don't really have a budget atm just kind of wondering what to go for AMD or Intel..I've had AMD for so many years and have never had issues but starting to wonder if Intel is leading the market?

What is everyone's opinions on AMD or Intel

AMD for me. Intel have slowly squandered any brand loyalty I've had with constant platform changes, lazy performance upgrades and wallet-raping prices. And this comes from someone who has a 7700K in my main machine.

Associate
OP
AMD for me. Intel have slowly squandered any brand loyalty I've had with constant platform changes, lazy performance upgrades and wallet-raping prices. And this comes from someone who has a 7700K in my main machine.

Yea my cousin was the first to push me towards AMD and I've always found they have more bang for their buck so i am still swaying more towards AMD to be honest..
I 100% agree with the price, Intel prices are shocking for not much performance increase over an AMD rig roughly half the price..

Associate
You could upgrade the rest of your PC components and keep the Radeon 7800 until Radeon 5500XT arrives, rumoured to be before Christmas. It should offer Radeon 590 performance but it will be much more power-efficient.

Associate
OP
You could upgrade the rest of your PC components and keep the Radeon 7800 until Radeon 5500XT arrives, rumoured to be before Christmas. It should offer Radeon 590 performance but it will be much more power-efficient.

Interesting, I'll be honest im not in a major rush to upgrade the Pc so I might hold out, I'm also waiting to see if black friday has any deals which i could take advantage of

Back
Top Bottom