Best Center Parcs?

Caporegime
Hi all

We're pretty much equidistant between all Center Parcs so I was wondering if there was a clear and obvious favourite between the UK ones?

We have two children aged 8 and 5.

Or are they all much of a muchness.

Thanks.

Associate
They are all pretty similar really. I found Longleat very hilly and spread out. Woburn is quit new but a smaller site. I found Alveden the best of the bunch so far.

Soldato
We do either Penrith or Nottingham every year as a big extended family in 2 chalets. Can't say either is better or worse TBH.

Soldato
As adscan said, Longleat is really spread out and you have to cycle a lot up and down big hills (not a bad thing, but you have a 5 year old) or get a land train. Worburn is more modern, has things a lot nearer and better cycling conditions for kids. I haven't been to the others.

Soldato
Not necessarily an answer to the OP's question but if the Sherwood Forest site is in range I'd recommend Forest Holidays as an alternative!

Given that everything except swimming is chargeable at CP, Forest Holidays offer FAR superior accommodation and usually at a lesser cost! Yes you don't get the swimming included and if you and the family are going to be swimming day in, day out then yes CP might be the better option, but if you are going to do other activities then Forest Holidays offers a better experience imo.

Amazing lodges with great views and hot tubs on the deck!

Soldato
Sherwood I was massively dissapointed with, cost more and it's a part building site right now. Changing rooms v tired (I went start October,)

Elevden forest is much nicer

Soldato
We did Elveden forest a few years ago and it was brilliant. It's pretty much flat and seemed to be in very good condition.

Lots of wildlife around too, I nearly ran over ola muntjac deer whilst riding back to our chalet in the dark.

Soldato
Longleat is great for road cyclists that like hills, there's a handful of cat4s and a cat3 very local to the campus, including the ~400 foot Longleat Estate exit climb.

Plus ~25 miles away you have The Mendips, including the infamous Cheddar Gorge and the ~700 foot climb over ~1.1 miles up Draycott Steep.

A lot of the villas have had refurbishment recently, plus the new water slides.

Don
Just to throw a curveball, consider the Centre Parcs in Holland too if you are doing a 7 day break.

The one in Zeeland is next to the beach, and it was a fraction of the price of a UK resort.

Its only ~ 3hour drive from Calais.

(For reference, I have a 7 year old and 4 year old)

Soldato
Done both Sherwood and Elveden and preferred Elveden overall but preferred the Waterpark at Sherwood but the rest of the park badly needed work done!

Back
Top Bottom