*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Permabanned
Was a bit worried when they threw the towel in so close to Price...I mean, it could've caused a lot more damage.

Had Taylor by one round, so right man won but the judge who had it for Taylor 117-112 that's awful. Despite the big weight advantage + home advantage here, Prograis was a decent beltholder and Taylor has obvious skill. Brit pound-for-pound #1 now.

Soldato
He's catching Kovalev at the right time. It's suspicious how he climbs up through the classes so quickly but he is impressive with or without the meat.

I'd pick Canelo cause of youth and skill but Kovalev will still have his strength and could maybe keep Canelo honest. But he took GGG and Jacobs punches like they were nothing.

Crolla's last fight starting now

Permabanned
Canelo definitely ranks high (I'd bet #1) on the top 10 pound-for-pound list currently, which many people will keep up with but I can't. Yep, GGG beat him the first time on my card. That, plus several times messing about with weight via any combos of: catchweights to his advantage (he did it enough times to far outweigh the slight such advantage Mayweather had over him), bringing opponents up from lower weights, and strong suspicions of illegal diuretic use. And just the fact of his Golden Boy cashcow status. When combining all that, I'm prepared to believe a lot about his manager, De La Hoya, and shady goings on with the judge who scored the Mayweather fight a draw, and the other judge who had him winning the first GGG fight by 10 rounds to 2.

A GOAT, as in, like top 100 of all time? That's probably fair, or at least I think he'll probably be a lock for that. However, nowhere near the GOAT, in my view - that would be someone like Ray Robinson, Ali, et al.

Last edited:
Permabanned
They're getting big Saudi money so yeah there's definitely some greed involved for charging that much, but yeah...if AJ loses again convincingly...

Back
Top Bottom