x570 PRO bios F10A

Associate
WOW just flashed this from F6a bios and performance of my PC improved loads. It boots up 10 seconds faster and is a lot quieter. Task manager showing ram speed as all others versions where just blank. HDR working in windows properly as be for everything looked very dark but now look bright even at 40% in the display settings. Not tried a game yet but that was ok any way apart from mouse felt laggy at times but with it feeling ok now on desk top that might be fixed.

Any one else tried it yet?.

Associate
OP
Associate
Great news.
Will update my Bios tommorow.

#Great board aswell, always had Asus prior to Gigabyte but I cant fault it.

Would highly recommend. Lots of good features and Rock solid VRM's.

Soldato
I did try both together, maxed out the limits and not great. The best I got was 4.2GHz on all cores. But I can do a manual OC to 4.4GHz all cores and run a lower voltge so it runs 5-10C cooler.

Any chance you can post the settings? Just interested in the voltage side mainly.

Thanks,

M.

Associate
I've just gone from F3 to F10a on my Aorus Pro. I can't comment on any overclocking improvements as all I had done before the swap was to set my 3,600 memory to XMP and play around with the fan speed curves. I had to redo these settings after the swap. The main difference I have seen so far is that on an Aida64 test using F3 BIOS all eight cores went from around 2,900-3,000 mhz at idle to 4,392 mhz at maximum load while on F10a the idle speeds are now much higher at 3,500- 3,600 mhz but on maximum load only three of the cores now hit 4,392 mhz while the other four are about 200 mhz slower. This seems a pretty good trade off to me. Not seen any real difference in performance on Blender benchmark and Cinebench though, I guess its just CPU-heat limited. The new BIOS also has a much less aggressive motherboard fan curve which makes it run a lot quieter

Associate
The motherboard fan on my Aorus Pro is almost entirely blocked by the GPU. With the default F3 BIOS this fan ran at 3,800 RPM all the time and was a little annoying. With the F10a BIOS it runs quietly at 1,750 up to 2,100 RPM on the Aida64 benchmark. The motherboard sensor needs to read over 85 degrees before the fan's speed ramps up to annoying levels now and is currently sitting at just over 50. So this fan position is not likely to be an issue to me but maybe it could be to anyone who is going to stress the chipset with a load of drives.

Last edited:
Associate
The motherboard fan on my Aorus Pro is almost entirely blocked by the GPU. With the default F3 BIOS this fan ran at 3,800 RPM all the time and was a little annoying. With the F10a BIOS it runs quietly at 1,750 up to 2,100 RPM on the Aida64 benchmark. The motherboard sensor needs to read over 85 degrees before the fan's speed ramps up to annoying levels now and is currently sitting at just over 50. So this fan position is not likely to be an issue to me but maybe it could be to anyone who is going to stress the chipset with a load of drives.

This mobo would be perfect for my useage but as an engineer with over 30 years experience in the industry I just took one look at this mobo and said 'that exhaust fan is going to be blocked'. Why on earth would you block an exhaust on a fan? The fan is like a laptop exhaust fan in design and you would not block one of those. Rethinking my purchase again!

Back
Top Bottom