Does my friend need a graphics card?

Associate
He is going to buy a custom PC for video editing. Probably a Ryzen 2700X. I don't really know much about video editing and stuff but he is planning to make music videos.

Does he need a graphics card for this, i'm guessing it will render on the CPU?

Associate
Well if he gets a 2700x he is going to be fairly unimpressed with the machine if he doesnt get a video card, seeing as how he wont have a picture on the screen or anything :p
Ohh and he should get a 3700x as its faster, and he will still need a video card.

Associate
Ah ok, I just saw that the AMD motherboards have HDMI ports.

That is in case you install an APU which includes an integrated GPU. Unfortunately, the highest performance APU, AMD currently offers tops out at 4cores / 8threads which will be underpowered for a video editing PC. It's a hard choice between the 3700x and 2700x since while the 3700x is quite faster, the 2700x is on offer and the X470 motherboards are quite cheaper than an x570 solution. All major video editors take advantage of a video card. The more VRAM, the better.

Associate
OP
That is in case you install an APU which includes an integrated GPU. Unfortunately, the highest performance APU, AMD currently offers tops out at 4cores / 8threads which will be underpowered for a video editing PC. It's a hard choice between the 3700x and 2700x since while the 3700x is quite faster, the 2700x is on offer and the X470 motherboards are quite cheaper than an x570 solution. All major video editors take advantage of a video card. The more VRAM, the better.

So he needs a good video card then?

Associate
AMD's view is that integrated graphics are for low end processors, they dont include any graphics with there higher end stuff - in actual fact they dont include graphics with something like 95% of there line.

You dont need a fancy video card for video editing, even a 570 could be considered a bit overkill although depending on what SW you use it may take advantage of a video processor.

Just get a basic video card and spend the money on the cpu and storage.

Associate
OP
AMD's view is that integrated graphics are for low end processors, they dont include any graphics with there higher end stuff - in actual fact they dont include graphics with something like 95% of there line.

You dont need a fancy video card for video editing, even a 570 could be considered a bit overkill although depending on what SW you use it may take advantage of a video processor.

Just get a basic video card and spend the money on the cpu and storage.

Gottya.

Back
Top Bottom