Does C49RG90SSU 49" 5120X1440 Support Gsync&HDR or just either

Soldato
It's not G-Sync compatible... not officially. Sure, you can force it to run with an Nvidia GPU, but I had flickering when I tried this (with Freesync Ultimate Engine), and returned it as a result. This is a very common issue with this monitor.

Soldato
Gsync has flickering.
Its not that bad though and you could probably live with it.
The HDR is pathetic.

TBH the SDR is so nice on this monitor, I don't think its a huge deal breaker.

Caporegime
I've tried HDR with this screen (2080Ti) in The Division 2 and find it quite alright :)

Only reason I don't run it all the time is that I'm always alt-tabbing out to browse/check some stuff and builds out etc. No flickering.

Soldato
@aoaaron I agree but I have not noticed any flickering with gsync on and HDR on perhaps early model issues?

if you don't notice it, enjoy your screen is my best advice! I didn't notice it until I went looking for it.

the HDR issue is more that the HDR is just pathetic and a sorry excuse for a HDR given its lack of proper local dimming. this critique is applicable to ANY TV which isn't a FALD or OLED.

Soldato
yeah but I'll take that shortcoming for no line in the middle

idk i'd rather just have no HDR than a grossly inaccurate picture being displayed but each to their own. then they dedicate the moeney they put into that redundant con of a feature into better QA and removal of flickering.

Back
Top Bottom