LED light strips: multiple sections and diffusion?

Associate
Hi there,

I stream and would like to make the walls behind me look a bit more interesting than just the boring wallpaper...so I was thinking of throwing some led light strips. It feels low effort and not super expensive to the point where it's something I think I can actually do myself.

Just a couple of questions though.

I would plan to run the strips along a dado rail that is approx 7 ft from the ground. It's high enough that it's not actually on camera. Would I need to diffuse the light from the strips? Or would the light look ok and diffused enough already given that the actual light source is off camera?

Also, would need to light 2 separate walls...but there would be a gap between the sections. I would want them to function as one though. What is it that I need to be looking for if I wanted to have 2 separately powered strips that would function as one? Does that even exist?

I am sorry that these questions are probably lighting 101 for most...this is all new for me though.

Appreciate any advice.

Soldato
If you're angling the strip towards the ceiling and cannot see the strip then you probably won't need to use a diffuser. Any other direction or if you can see the strip you'll probably want the diffuser to stop it looking a bit tacky.

You can buy kits to extend the strips, although I believe distance should be fairly limited if possible.

Back
Top Bottom