Spec me... Cat stuff

Caporegime
I'd it's an indoor cat then definitely a cat tree, the bigger the better.
Gives the cat somewhere to be above everything and everyone else and can call home

We have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armarkat-A...vory/dp/B003BYQ1L4?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1 and it's solidly built and more than high enough to keep the cat feeling superior to everything in sight

£160 wow. My cat has a ten meter high tree next to our house and it was free. He even gets dinner from it now and again!

Soldato
I'd it's an indoor cat then definitely a cat tree, the bigger the better.
Gives the cat somewhere to be above everything and everyone else and can call home

We have this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armarkat-A...vory/dp/B003BYQ1L4?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1&psc=1 and it's solidly built and more than high enough to keep the cat feeling superior to everything in sight

A similar tree from Zooplus had given my two many hours of fun and comfort and is half the price.

Associate
A similar tree from Zooplus had given my two many hours of fun and comfort and is half the price.

Worth noting I only paid £90 for this around 5 yearsago, but it has been a very worthwhile investment - our moggy absolutely loves the thing.

We did originally have a much smaller one but found the cat quickly outgrew it :D

Associate
Can absolutely recommend a good covered litter tray, especially if your litter tray isn't hidden away somewhere. Really helps with the smell. Some cats take a while to get used to them, but they're great compared to an open one. Some come with fancy opening and cleaning mechanisms, if that's what you want, but them being covered is the big thing.

Soldato
In general i find open top cat beds seem to be preferred, the hooded/alcove type they dont like because it doesnt offer an escape route if they're cornered.

Thing is some cats are bed cats, some are laundry cats, some are perch cats, some are wherever they want on a random rotation cats. You just gotta find out which.

This.

My last two cats were lap cats.

Where ever I was, they'd want to be in my lap, or longitudinal from chest to shoulder.

Even when I was on the computer.

Soldato
One of ours used to love sleeping in a shoe box, don't think I ever saw her use the cat bed but the dog claimed it in the end :p

They also love sleeping on pillows which isn't great when you want to go sleep and there is cat hair all over the bed.

Associate
My last two cats were lap cats.

Where ever I was, they'd want to be in my lap, or longitudinal from chest to shoulder.

Even when I was on the computer.

My cat used to be like this as a kitten but no longer is and is very independent and rarely home these days. Treats the house as a hotel really, sleep and dinner only.

Soldato
I tried all sorts with my cat when he was a kitten growing up. The cat tree was never used not even as a scratch post. The hundreds of toys were narrowed down to 2 snake things that he brings up to our bedroom every night. Had cat beds all over the house but the sofa and our bed during the day are the places he frequents.

His favourite position seems to be my lap whenever I have my MacBook out.

He did like to get into the wardrobes but with him being long haired it was driving me mental having to constantly remove hair from all the clothes.

Back
Top Bottom