• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Associate
How are you guys only overclocking 2 cores? Using Ryzen Master? If that's the case then how you know which one to overclock? (been off the forums for months)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How are you guys only overclocking 2 cores? Using Ryzen Master? If that's the case then how you know which one to overclock? (been off the forums for months)
I do not clock single cores. I overclock by CCX. For the R5 3600 you have 3 cores per CCX. So you can do 3 cores at say 4.2GHz and 3 at 4GHz.

I just set both my CCX's to 4.4GHz so all 6 cores are at the same for me. But it will depend on your silicon quality.

Associate
3900X i set the fastest 2 cores of a CCX to my target speed and leave all other cores stock.

I can get a 4.675 run with 2 cores but if i try to include the third core it crashes.
And yes use Ryzen Master to set the core speeds required it also shows your best cores.

Despite TNA's best efforts to convince me otherwise I will not go higher than 1.53V. Temps are still only around 60C even at 1.53V

PSST don't tell him but in reality he only shares the top single core score :p

Associate
I do not clock single cores. I overclock by CCX. For the R5 3600 you have 3 cores per CCX. So you can do 3 cores at say 4.2GHz and 3 at 4GHz.

I just set both my CCX's to 4.4GHz so all 6 cores are at the same for me. But it will depend on your silicon quality.
It was my fault, for some reason I only saw 2 of the 6 cores running higher instead of 3. Im familiar with CCX OC, might give it a go again these days.

Associate
Stock, AIO cooler, latest BIOS
2dyQHYe
https://imgur.com/a/2dyQHYe
single threaded 532

FTtJsIt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Heres my first run with the 3900X at stock, only changed my RAM to XMP.

sT3vomE.png

I have some learning and tweaking to do with this chip :)

Do i really need to use Ryzen Master then?

Oh and i was using Ryzen Balanced Power Plan, do i need to put it on High Perf or Windows Balanced?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Heres my first run with the 3900X at stock, only changed my RAM to XMP.

sT3vomE.png

I have some learning and tweaking to do with this chip :)

Do i really need to use Ryzen Master then?
Well it makes overclocking super easy. You input MHz and voltage and test. Much quicker than messing about in bios. I have yet to key in my 4.4GHz all core overclock into BIOS.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Damn that was fast :D Ok cool will downlaod it now and have a look at it.. cheers :)
Enjoy mate. Hopefully you can get a good OC. Maybe even have a crack at beating my single core score ;)

Just to note, don't go beyond 1.325v under all-core load. Up to 1.5V is fine to see at stock when only a few cores are being loaded.
Agreed. I keep my 4.4GHz all core OC at a cool and safe 1.275v.

The only reason I ever went 1.475v was just to run the single core cinebench tests :)

Associate
Just to note, don't go beyond 1.325v under all-core load. Up to 1.5V is fine to see at stock when only a few cores are being loaded.
Thanks, i was gona ask about voltages but wasnt gona dive right in before some research, i had my 2700X 4.2Ghz All Core with just 1.350v so i'll be looking at which All Core clock speeds i can get with similar volts, just to keep the temps down a little. I dont like seeing 1.5v max in HWInfo right now :p

Back
Top Bottom