New EVGA Nu Audio Pro Soundcard

Soldato
Scrolling down their marketing page where they show it all off as quality and literally started laughing at the cringy picture of the "Home Cinema" branded cheapo speakers at the bottom.

Associate
It seems a bit ridiculous to me given you are dependent on the quality of the digital decoding at the speaker end, and moreover the quality of the speakers themselves. Making those two things of sufficiently high quality to justify a supposed pinnacle source signal device is very expensive indeed. Diminishing returns are at play there.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
50 dollar rebate if you pre order it atm but i think they run out of stock quickly

As far as I know you can't order them from the US site to the UK and the EU site is shocking.

I already run the Nu Audio card which is quiet impressive.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
As far as I know you can't order them from the US site to the UK and the EU site is shocking.

I already run the Nu Audio card which is quiet impressive.

Ahh but crappy, hopefully they offer some deal down the road.

Have you ever compared your Nu sound card to any Creative cards like AE5-7-9 type cards by chance ?

Associate
Either of these offerings from EVGA or Creative an upgrade from an Asus Xonar Essence STX? The Asus card is currently connected to some Creative T20 2.0 speakers and HD650 headphones. I want to transfer my current audio card to the PC at work since the onboard sound card from that PC sounds atrocious compared to the Xonar.

Back
Top Bottom