New Neogeo?

Man of Honour
OP
And we're getting another one...

It's a NeoGeo Arcade Stick that works as a stick for the NeoGeo Mini and the PC. But also has a NeoGeo Mini built in and HDMI out and 20 built in games.

EEEq22TUcAE2KBW

EEEq22VUUAEr-bu

EEEq22UUwAIY8vL

Button layout is still wrong. Let's hope it's microswitched this time.

Although there's already a perfectly serviceable design for a NeoGeo arcade stick from many years ago that was already reused for the NeoGeoX and also a USB version for the Playstation 2 (iirc)

UIrvnn4.jpg

EnnCf0x.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Worth noting as well that the neogeo core for mister got released this week and bar a few games is a brilliant bit of reverse engineering.
Looks great and It's on my list of things to get hold of. But sadly, can't talk about it here even though it's almost exactly the same system that Analogue use for the NES, SNES and Megadrive systems they produce.

Mmmm.. FPGA's....

Permabanned
I had one of these back in the day a MVS and a NEO CD. Had my MVS back in 1993 and used to take my memory card to the arcade and carry on playing notably the now gone Trocadero.

I still have my NEO CD and all the games....

Im afraid i think the ship for NEO GEO has passed in 2019.

Caporegime
Looks great and It's on my list of things to get hold of. But sadly, can't talk about it here even though it's almost exactly the same system that Analogue use for the NES, SNES and Megadrive systems they produce.

Mmmm.. FPGA's....

Why not? It uses open source software no? Like you said it isn't any different to say Analogue and their products or indeed "IBM compatible PCs" a term that isn't really used anymore but is kind of the same principle - other manufacturers started making equivalent PCs and the store that owns the very forums we're posting on likely wouldn't exist if they hadn't done so.

I might well be completely wrong here mind, but AFAIK this doesn't have much to do with IP etc..?

Man of Honour
OP
Why not? It uses open source software no? Like you said it isn't any different to say Analogue and their products or indeed "IBM compatible PCs" a term that isn't really used anymore but is kind of the same principle - other manufacturers started making equivalent PCs and the store that owns the very forums we're posting on likely wouldn't exist if they hadn't done so.

I might well be completely wrong here mind, but AFAIK this doesn't have much to do with IP etc..?

It's more 'emulation' issue that happens here.

It's silly as we can discuss the Analogue systems, but yeah...

Man of Honour
OP
Oh, and the game for the new stick have been announced. All fighting games, unsurprisingly with the design of this thing. Still not heard if it's microswitched or not.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’95
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’98
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’99
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
FATAL FURY 3
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅱ
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅲ
SAMURAI SHODOWN IV
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅴ SPECIAL
ART OF FIGHTING
WORLD HEROES 2
WORLD HEROES 2 JET
WORLD HEROES PERFECT
NINJA MASTER’S
THE LAST BLADE 2
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER

Also... some other bits.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/09/13/the-neo-geo-arcade-stick-pro-is-massive-in-person

Pre-orders are open for some places.

https://www.amazon.com/Neogeo-Arcade-Stick-Pro-Neo-Pocket/dp/B07XR9V88V/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/SNK-%E3%80%90Amazon-co-jp%E5%85%88%E8%A1%8C%E4%BA%88%E7%B4%84%E8%B2%A9%E5%A3%B2%E5%88%86%E3%80%91NEOGEO-Arcade-Stick-Pro/dp/B07YB7Y2L8/

Soldato
Anyone got one of those, ? I've only just got a NeoGeo mini but would possibly like to pick one of these arcade sticks up, looks like you can only get it from US or Japan though as i can't find a UK listing anywhere, is there an EU release planned?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just remembered I posted in here last year. I did end up getting one of these in the end. I initially did the "official" unlock on it to bump the games upto 40 games, but people have been working on hacking it, one released this week so mine now has nearly 150 games on it which makes it a much better experience, still pretty pricey at about £140 though. Construction is good, stick and buttons seem good quality but it's easy to upgrade them if you want to.

Associate
It was a good few years back but I picked up a Neo Geo CD with a bunch of games for £130 on eBay. Granted, I'm not one for emulators at all as I bought it for the nostalgia and its been a great addition to my collection. For the price and if you really enjoy NeoGeo games, then I'd recommend looking at the second hand market first. Half the fun is getting the actual CD and putting it in. I suppose people also would rather own virtual possessions these days than more physical, tangible ones.

Soldato
Another new Neo Geo product on the horizon for anyone who hasn't seen.

Icam7H7.png

SkZez16.png

Allegedly from the same company that did the Mini and the Arcade Stick Pro, SNK licensed with 50 games included. November release, apparently only from Amazon US in 2020, after that I don't know. Pricey at $500 though.

http://www.snkmvsx.com/

Associate
Just picked up the Neo Geo Mini Samurai Showdown Ltd Edition White, at £110 it's one of the few gaming bargains available right now on the huge online retail store.

You still get 40 games and get the uncensored Japanese versions, but it does miss some decent games from the International version, but makes up for it with others. You get 2 x pads and the HDMI cable, the International version's going for £120 even without pads or cable and the pads normally sell for £20 each. The International version's mini arcade cabinet looks a bit nicer but the ltd edition translucent white one is pretty nice as well.

Also the Samurai Showdown blue version was selling for £220 for basically the same. The red at £120, so along with the white they're a great deal at the moment.

Associate
Yeah, I even saw it was as low as £90 the other day, I think they're shifting the last of them.

I will say this though, the HDMI image isn't that great, it doesn't offer scanlines and creates a smoothed image that doesn't look like the original Neo Geo on a CRT though it plays perfectly well. The actual mini arcade screen looks superb though for games and it looks like a really cool ornament.

Since I got it though I also got a Switch and being totally honest, the ACA Neo Geo ports to Switch are better than the mini for HDMI at least, and also even better than the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Xmas version which I almost bought as well before getting the Switch.

The Switch also has a lot of the rarer or licensed Neo Geo games on it that you can't get on the official SNK minis like Neo Turf Masters/Big Tournament Golf.

Back
Top Bottom