What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Love that, I'm eyeing up the Black Bay Fifty Eight as I've been missing out these past few months of the watch scene. Like before I don't like or even want multiple watches, just one for all occasions. The Fifty Eight seems to be just that.

Take a look at this Godzilla edition of the Grand Seiko, how beautiful is it. Personally I rate Grand Seiko well above anything from the Swiss world. A rare thing to spot in the wild too.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/special/sbga405/

A GS one day :cool:

Soldato
Anybody have a nice watch winder that they can recommend? Pictures or links would be really good too if you are able.

Thanks in advance.

The majority of affordable ones don't look particularly attractive, would also want it on my bedside table and worried some might be loud.

Have a seamaster and a planet ocean if it makes a difference.

Caporegime
Nice little video on the Rolex Oyster series by Watchfinder...

Pretty much sums up why I bought my OP white 39mm... it's a classy, reliable, uncomplicated and under the radar Rolex. :)

Soldato
Love that, I'm eyeing up the Black Bay Fifty Eight as I've been missing out these past few months of the watch scene. Like before I don't like or even want multiple watches, just one for all occasions. The Fifty Eight seems to be just that.

Take a look at this Godzilla edition of the Grand Seiko, how beautiful is it. Personally I rate Grand Seiko well above anything from the Swiss world. A rare thing to spot in the wild too.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/special/sbga405/

A GS one day :cool:
I really like GS as a manufacturer...but that one is really not for me!

Exquisite finishing no doubt, and I am a big fan of the Spring Drive movements - mine keeps +0.25 seconds per day and is a joy to behold.

Caporegime
Nice little video on the Rolex Oyster series by Watchfinder...

Pretty much sums up why I bought my OP white 39mm... it's a classy, reliable, uncomplicated and under the radar Rolex. :)

..and you can actually buy one.

I'm considering swapping my SMPc for the new(ish) Speedmaster Racing.

VBSo7o0.png

I love the domed double AR crystal, display caseback and just the general look of it. Bracelet also has the sliding adjustment mine is missing.

Soldato
Bracelet also has the sliding adjustment mine is missing.
I think you can obtian a sliding clasp that fits (maybe from a PO?) current Speedies.

Agreed that that does look cracking - takes the splash of colour from the Ultraman and adds a far more useful 12hr+60minute chronograph subdial plus date function.

Soldato
Anybody have a nice watch winder that they can recommend? Pictures or links would be really good too if you are able.

Thanks in advance.

The majority of affordable ones don't look particularly attractive, would also want it on my bedside table and worried some might be loud.

Recently bought this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CGE662I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I've also got a Mondalo Watch winder which is very similar in styling (carbon fibre) The Mondalo is a few years old and its louder that when i first got it but fairly quiet (sits next to my bed). The more recent one is quieter although not really had it on as I'm still to buy my next watch!

Soldato
This week, I shall mostly be wearing...

img_20191130_151704_scrap_by_saiper_ddld6vi-fullview.jpg

Soldato
Any recommendations on watches similar to Mondaine? I like plain/simple faces, i.e. without clutter, and ideally with a crystal face to avoid scratching.

I've looked at Hamilton before, which I quite like, so any brands/styles you can suggest would be appreciated.

Associate
Any recommendations on watches similar to Mondaine? I like plain/simple faces, i.e. without clutter, and ideally with a crystal face to avoid scratching.

I've looked at Hamilton before, which I quite like, so any brands/styles you can suggest would be appreciated.
Movado - eg http://www.movado.co.uk/en_GB/shop-watches/museum-classic-0607194.html

for cheaper prices, Ernest Jones stock Movado and occasionally have sales (just missed the Black Friday one), or they offer 0% finance.
https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/l/mens-watches/brand|movado/

Soldato

Cheers, I like some of the Junghans designs - minimalist, delicate hands. But I can't tell if they're scratch-resistant like sapphire crystal glass models - google seems to imply they aren't.

for cheaper prices, Ernest Jones stock Movado and occasionally have sales (just missed the Black Friday one), or they offer 0% finance.
https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/l/mens-watches/brand|movado/

A bit too minimalist for me, lacking hour markers on most models - and again, no (cheap) sapphire crystal faces on most models I've browsed. But thanks for pointers anyway!

Don

Thanks in advance.

I have a wolf roadster triple which looks great and has been faultless, I assume their other models are just as good

Soldato
I spent a while looking at winders, however apart from the cost putting me off, there were mixed views on the interweb. Then i read a couple of particular articles where certain watch designers suggested they wouldn't bother with a winder. One said: '... would you leave your car running while you weren't using it?'

I can understand it where you have a particularly complicated err complication, but beyond this... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom