• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU bottleneck?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I've noticed recently that my CPU is running at 100% when gaming at 2k/4k @60Hz.

I was just wandering if anyone's experienced this before? and if it's a CPU bottleneck or a CPU issue?

PC Spec
Intel 7600k 3.8Ghz
Cooler master hyper 212x
Asus Prime Pro H270
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 2400Mhz
2070 Super MSI Gaming X
970EVO NVME 250GB

Associate
OP
It's a 4c/4t CPU, in any modern game it will be maxed out, what is the GPU showing in terms of % usage?

I'm just downloading Unigine superposition benchmark tool and I'll let you know the outcome.

Also I've seen a Z270 motherboard for £50 would it be worth replacing me h270 and overclocking the cpu if this is the issue?

Soldato
You can run MSI Afterburner with the Rivatuner statistics enabled in most games to give you a better real world idea of what is going on.

£50 on an out of date board is a bad investment.

Associate
I'm just downloading Unigine superposition benchmark tool and I'll let you know the outcome.

Also I've seen a Z270 motherboard for £50 would it be worth replacing me h270 and overclocking the cpu if this is the issue?

Not worth it, need a 7700 which is too expensive imo so a 3600/b450 switch would be the best bet.

Back
Top Bottom