*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Permabanned
AJ will box a masterclass to school, dominate, KO and liposuction Ruiz. Ruiz will ride a magic carpet to the recovery buffet, whilst AJ will get Princess Jasmine, oil and hummus.

Permabanned
Yeah, so many potential fights on the table, and the division badly needs them obviously.

However, I think even if AJ loses this, he's got plenty fame to remain one highlight KO away from right back in the mix i.e. a title shot, pretty much guaranteed if the belts fragment to 3-4 fighters.

Permabanned
Oh, please :rolleyes: - considering AJ & co have offered nothing but contradictory statements regarding several vague excuses, that's the equivalent of Boris saying he'll tell you the details about something after he's elected.

AJ was beaten by a man who has both superior skills generally and just had more fight in him that night. However, AJ obviously has physical and certain skill advantages (and he could very well have more fight in him this time) which he needs to take better advantage of to win the rematch. One thing is that he never fully recovered from his first knockdown's concussion, which is a perfectly legit way for Ruiz to win BTW - but it's probably unlikely AJ will be concussed again, so there's that too.

I'll be happy in ways with either man winning, e.g. Ruiz for being the underdog still.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'd believe in him on that a fair bit if he said it like "Things happened during the first fight but I need the rematch to confirm, because I'm not about excuses - if I win, I'll prove that those things affected me too much and show that I'm a better fighter now; if I lose again then all props to Andy.".

Edit: But the stuff they've come out with in the past. Ehh, we'll just see...

Last edited:
Permabanned
^ Ruiz' dad agrees that it'll be another win for his son, but I can't help wondering if he's looking at things through rose-tinted glasses.

Caporegime
I really want AJ to win but as I was saying the other night to a couple of mates, if he loses that’s pretty much it for him. He will go the way of Amir Khan and others before him aka fade into night so to speak.

Soldato
I'd be surprised to see Ruiz doing it again. AJ may or may not be better than last time out, but it's easy to imagine Ruiz being worse. He's had a lot of life changes to deal with in the period since the last fight, and that doesn't always work well.

Soldato
I'd be surprised to see Ruiz doing it again. AJ may or may not be better than last time out, but it's easy to imagine Ruiz being worse. He's had a lot of life changes to deal with in the period since the last fight, and that doesn't always work well.

AJ still has that glass chin and always gasses after about 4 rounds. This is going the same way as the first matchup and history says rematches nearly always go the same way.

Soldato
I expect ruiz to be even better this time

for one hes had time to prepare as last time was at short notice

and this time he already knows he can put aj down and hurt him

Soldato
AJ still has that glass chin and always gasses after about 4 rounds. This is going the same way as the first matchup and history says rematches nearly always go the same way.

Interesting around the rematches I thought it was a load of made up rubbish but seems it is accurate which surprised me. I think the part of AJ gassing after 4 rounds is slightly unfair though. Parker fight he didn't and the other longer distance fights he got tagged which isn't a fair reflection on 'gassing' dodgy chin maybe but Kitch brothers both had dodgy chins and they didn't do too bad... David Price gassing after 4 rounds however ....:p

My take on the fight is less technical than the above though - bookies rarely get it wrong and hardly ever get it wrong twice ... Looking forward to the fight should be great night of boxing either way

Soldato
The only way I see AJ winning this if the first fight was thrown and a fix.. All the greats lose right? Maybe this fight in the middle east was the plan all along?

You can't trust anyone in boxing thats for sure..

Back
Top Bottom