30" IPS Monitor with colour accuracy (and USB C) advice please

Associate
Hi all,

It's been a while, looking to upgrade so would appreciate your help.

Currently, have a Dell U2711 which has been great but it's on the way out - starts up with a messed up screen and have to turn it off and on again to get it to work so it's just a matter of time I think before it goes pop.

I'm looking to wall-mount the next one so could do with a slightly bigger screen and want to retain the IPS ADOBE colour accuracy for photo / video and web work. This one was calibrated at the factory. Budget is no more than 1K ideally and would really like USB C so I can plug my laptop in from time to time.

Hardly any gaming (save that for the TV) and 4K not essential, but would be nice to have the option.

Cheers :)

Associate
Hi. Anyone able to help please?

My previous monitor was one of the ASUS ProArt range - the one's aimed at photo and video editing work. They have a 32 inch model that might be worth a look at. It did take a few attempts to get one which was "perfect", but that's the same "panel lottery" game you are going to play with any monitor.

Edit: Remember USB-C is only a connector standard. Any appropriate cable will work with the USB-C port on the laptop to the USB3 port type on the back of the monitor. If you actually want a specific speed or power delivery (i.e. to drive/charge the laptop from the monitor), that's more an issue of the actual USB3 implementation at either end.

Last edited:
Associate
I would think they're looking for USB-C video connection, rather than speed or power. A lot of monitors like my BenQ EW3270U have these now. It's neither IPS nor especially colour accurate so I'm not recommending that model particularly.

Of course you can get dongles to adapt usb-c to DP, HDMI, DVI, whatever, so it's not usually a show-stopper if it's missing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Check out the LG 32UL950. LG 32UD99 and BenQ PD3220U.

No VRR on the BenQ, but if you don't game much then no big deal, but at the same price it's nice to have it as a bonus I'd say (both the LG's do). If you're doing any kind of productivity, 4K is essential. There's no reason not to go with 4K for your use-case, otherwise paying £1K for anything would be insane and you'd only be getting gaming features.

Back
Top Bottom