What watch do you wear?

Associate
New Accutron to add to the collection, 1969 model with date. I always liked the case of this one, but never found a good example for it. now it's done!
Altho I notice the price of accutrons have rocketed for last few years -- seems a couple of youtubers have made videos on them :(

sunhyJy.jpg

And this is my 18K spaceview 1964 -- my favourite dress watch by far!
YzZQI0i.jpg

Soldato
Associate
That's a lovely dial - what is it? Looks almost linen, but could also just be bidirectional brushing.

Have you seen the proposed Electrostatic model? I cannot wait for its release.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/citizen-electrostatic-accutron-concept-movement-introducing

I love that concept, but it doesn't replace the fact that the real ones date back from before I was born, and look awesome and real and... hum! :) However the only down side is that they are a bit small for my wrist by modern standards, however, I can wear them with a shirt -- when many of my other 'fancier' modern watch just don't fit...

Brushing is bidirectional (another angle):
Lxql6y6.jpg

Associate
Hi all,

Looking to get a new automatic watch to wear daily for under £200. I don’t really know a lot, or have worn watches a lot, but I do prefer a leather strap and I have large wrists. In terms of style, I’m open to anything, although I do like blue watch faces and like when some part of the watch internals are visible.

After doing some quick looking/researching, I’ve currently got my eyes on a Seiko 5, Orient Bambino, Swatch Sistem 51 Irony and a Rotary GS00342/06.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Associate
The Bambino has a good reputation, and Orient as a brand is very respected. Unlike the Rotary...

You might also consider second hand watches, for example that classic 1969 Accutron I posted earlier (granted, bit auto but you can get some automatic for the same, or less) I paid £181 for -- and it comes with tons of history.

Man of Honour
Chaps, I have the Bremont leather strap. What size buckle do I need with it? Does it depend on the size of the strap? Bremont sent it to me for free so I don't know what size it is.

Associate
Don't you guy think that watch buying comes in phases? Anyway, after not buying a single watch in like 2+ years, I bought 2 in a week! First was the Bulova, and now, I bought this. A few years back I was *this* close to buy a Speedy with moonphase, but I never pulled the trigger. This one is definitely not the same cachet (Chinese movement) but it has a good reputation, and was... £200 :)

r7eBGvh.jpg
AwRUkHh.jpg

Permabanned
Lighting bad, makes sense in real life.

I love skeleton watches & I think the intricacy of the design is special with this one.

Never heard of the brand, spotted it in a shop window while I was walking through Zürich with my ex and couldn’t help but buy it.

only £1500 to buy, but it’s the prettiest watch I own and my favourite, even compared to my next favourite which is worth more than 25x the cost.

Associate
To each their own. I mean, it's as 'pretty' as my Accutron Spaceview in a different style, some people will love it, some people will hate it. I personally wouldn't /buy/ it but I can definitely see why someone would.

That what makes this hobby fun in a way, see different things. Otherwise, we'd have got rid of our watches and use a more practical way to tell the time :)

Back
Top Bottom