NHS gives Amazon free use of health data under Alexa advice deal . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hippocratges: Do you want us to treat your cancer?
Patient: Yes please, I don't want to die!
Hippocratges: OK, sign this waiver allowing us to do whatever we want and we can get started.

You have been informed!

Asking Alexa if you have a sniffle is now comparible to Cancer?
Showing your ignorance, what you proposed wouldn't be legal under GDPR as it would be "consent with detriment".

Soldato
First Google, now Amazon. Neither of these companies can be trusted, so this is automatically worrying. The NHS should not be getting into bed with these awful megacorporations that exploit our private data for profit.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...deepminds-nhs-contracts-should-we-be-worried/

People may say "oh it's not patient data, it's anonymous, etc." but this is just the beginning. They get their foot in the door and start planning for more. Money always wins.
You haven't read the article at all have you? It has nothing to do with patient data.
Its a phrase. Ill be honest I hadnt even thought what gender Stumble might have been. Lets be honest its not their new found very nice people voters that are going to get them this election is it? Most of them have gone Libdem.

Anyway back to the point the government have given free use of health data. I mean its not great is it really.
Why isn't it? It's free for anyone across the world to access via a website.

Soldato
It’s a sexist phrase...
Only if you actively decide to make it one.

think about what you were trying to do with your comment when you used the word ‘girl’
Think instead about the rest of the sentence, of which that word was but one component.
The remark itself ("You do you, girl") is referencing cliched female solidarity salutes in cheesy Hollywood movies and American chat shows, of the kind more commonly represented as "You go, girl" and similar derivations. I don't think there even is a male equivalent, so from that alone it's not exactly sexist.

It is, however, mostly uttered by black women, so you would have a better angle accusing him of being a screaming racist.... ;)

Once again, if you’re going to preach....
Back at ya, Reverend...

Caporegime
Would be better titled: "NHS lets Amazon's alexia read the general health information already freely available on its public webpages".

Incidentally google already reads this information as does bing etc... just as they do with other web pages. Though now Alexia can read it and relay it via voice in the form of replies to questions.

Oh the horrors... it must be some conspiracy re: selling the NHS, evil Tories, disgusting Boris etc..etc..

Soldato
Is stockhausen dying?

Or has he gone back in time and bored his parents to death with hyperbole so they didn't conceive him and he's fading away from the present?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom