I am sure this is a noob question but here goes

Associate
Just a built a new PC. 3700x x570 gigabyte board etc. One issue I have come across is the USB 3 connector which powers the front USB ports. It seems to work very intermediately as in pc fires up np but then you can turn it off, then turn it on again and all you get is no display but all the lights are on.
Any ideas what this could be?

Many thanks to all that can help.

Soldato
So you sometimes get no display from the PC. When it does display, what's the actual issue with the USB 3 connector (not mentioned)?

Do you have an external drive plugged into USB?

Associate
OP
So you sometimes get no display from the PC. When it does display, what's the actual issue with the USB 3 connector (not mentioned)?

Do you have an external drive plugged into USB?

Sorry, I forgot to mention. When it does display it works as intended. I can only assume its an issue with the cable. No external drive plugged in either

Soldato
Which CPU cooler are you using, and can you loosen it a tad, like an eighth of a turn on all screws.

Test with one stick of RAM at a time. Check (manual) that the RAM is in the correct slots for one stick or two stick etc.

Check that the 24-pin power connector is fully inserted into the header on the motherboard. Double-check other connections too.

And yes, try another display or different cable if possible.

Associate
OP
Which CPU cooler are you using, and can you loosen it a tad, like an eighth of a turn on all screws.

Test with one stick of RAM at a time. Check (manual) that the RAM is in the correct slots for one stick or two stick etc.

Check that the 24-pin power connector is fully inserted into the header on the motherboard. Double-check other connections too.

And yes, try another display or different cable if possible.

Using the stock ryzen cooler at the moment, on further testing, it boots perfect every time and goes into windows without the header in. Going to have to look at the connections of that I think

Associate
OP
After much testing, this seems a known issue with the gigabyte auros elite. Bios resets black screen. Hopefully, there are some settings to change around to stop this.

Soldato
Hard to know if such issues are with the board itself or just Ryzen 3000 in general, to be honest. Because other brands and models are affected by similar.

You could try something I've been reading about recently. Which is to convert the USB drive used to store and update the BIOS, to MBR, before formatting to fat32.

M6ehGpl.png

In my case, disk 4 was the USB drive. The existing data on the USB drive will be lost so back up first.

Then stick the latest BIOS file on it, and update it.

Associate
OP
Just an update on this folks, the aorus elite went back. And in its place, I suggested to my friend to get the b450 MSI gaming carbon pro board. Well, it turned up and all is installed and it works straight away.
Just what I need it to do for my friend as he has no real clue about the internals of a machine. I just want to thank all that commented really enjoy this forum amazing as always.

Back
Top Bottom