bank account that staff can only view total

Looking for an account that staff can get customers to pay into and they can then login to verify its gone through.

Ideally the account would have limited access, just to view the latest statement and not able to make payments etc, and even better would be if the account empties itself each night.

I'm fairly sure there must be something out there that offers something similar to what we're after but can only find standard business accounts and other options that cost a stupid amount to have.

Soldato
Looking for an account that staff can get customers to pay into and they can then login to verify its gone through.

Ideally the account would have limited access, just to view the latest statement and not able to make payments etc, and even better would be if the account empties itself each night.

I'm fairly sure there must be something out there that offers something similar to what we're after but can only find standard business accounts and other options that cost a stupid amount to have.

I know some mobile apps for bank accounts can show balance and ins/outs but nothing else, or they used too.

Ideally, look for a bank that provides an xml/json via an API. You could have it so that it picks up the required info only. I think Revolut does this and I am not sure if someone high up there is on the forums or I'm imagining it.

https://blog.revolut.com/introducing-revolut-for-business-open-api/

What kind of requests can you make through the Open API? ‍
The API can be used for all kinds of automated systems, from the very simple to the very complex. For instance, you could set up an integration to receive an update every time a transaction lands in your account - useful, right?

Associate
Pretty sure most maintsteam business bank accounts provide integration services for accounting software such as sage to achieve this? The company I worked for had a nightly export from Sage for our various bank accounts which was then consumed by our customer service software and client portals accordingly (at a really high level). I'm not entirely sure you'll find an end-to-end off the shelf solution for your use case, but perhaps someone else could be more helpful here.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Pretty sure most maintsteam business bank accounts provide integration services for accounting software such as sage to achieve this? The company I worked for had a nightly export from Sage for our various bank accounts which was then consumed by our customer service software and client portals accordingly (at a really high level). I'm not entirely sure you'll find an end-to-end off the shelf solution for your use case, but perhaps someone else could be more helpful here.

I think banks are removing this facility soon. My accountant has visibility of my business bank account (can’t do anything) as it helps them keep up to date with the books but HSBC are removing it altogether as are the other high street banks they have the same facility with. I think Metro Bank are one of the only ones left

Man of Honour
You just want to give delegate access to someone and restrict their rights to make payments etc. Your business account team can help you (rather than some randos on a computer forum)

Soldato
We have this functionality across multiple different banking providers at work. It's basic for business accounts. Speak to your online banking support contacts.

Auto sweeps every night are also very easy to setup for us.

Soldato
OP
You just want to give delegate access to someone and restrict their rights to make payments etc. Your business account team can help you (rather than some randos on a computer forum)
thanks. i'll have a word again with natwest. I guess i overlooked them as when setting up an expenses account for the team this was beyond a chore and ended up being something else that just about works.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Give Santander a call and discuss their Business Banking accounts. I integrated the old A&L system into theirs and we made it extremely customisable on the Accounts side for Corporate.

Back
Top Bottom