2.5-3m desk/worktop - laminate, engineered or solid wood? & who have the best prices on the latter?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Is everyone in this thread blind, or do they love being in the screen when at the desk? 600mm work tops aren't deep enough for a screen to be at the correct distance from your eyes. I'd love to get a worktop, but some of these photos put me off. There's no room from back of desk, screen, keyboard and front of desk.
As mentioned, 960 is another common depth used for "breakfast bars" :)

Soldato
The IKEA hammarp was 63.5CM deep, it's not bad, and made a bit better because I have it off the wall a bit and have the monitor arm folded slightly behind it as well.

I wouldn't really want any less deep though, and 70CM+ certainly gives a bit more room to work with.

Associate
Went for a Ikea Hammarp solid oak desk on top of 2 Alex drawers, mine is 186cm wide, but they also did 240cm odd at the time. I went for the smaller one so I could fit it into more places if needed, and it's wide enough just for me.

Not done any cable management yet, so it's still a bit of a mess :)

I got an Ikea SIGNUM to go with my desk top. Really handy for putting the power adapter and putting any cables and having them out of the way - expecially as I have 3 monitors, so lots of cables!

Soldato
I got an Ikea SIGNUM to go with my desk top. Really handy for putting the power adapter and putting any cables and having them out of the way - expecially as I have 3 monitors, so lots of cables!

I had one as well but didn't want to drill into the desk, as it's solid hardwood I wanted to be able to turn it over if I ever ruined the top side somehow :)

I have stuff under it I can use, just been a bit lazy and not gotten around to it haha.

Back
Top Bottom