Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 16th December 2019]

Soldato
As in the coaches are a skeleton crew of people from around the club. It really does highlight how badly we're run when we get rid of a coach and dont even have a shortlist ready to go.

You can’t help but feel a lot of the names on their list have or will say “lol, no thanks”, and it’s not like they can resort to just throwing wads of cash at them either, so it’s likely going to be someone young or an Emery MKII. :(

Man of Honour
You can’t help but feel a lot of the names on their list have or will say “lol, no thanks”, and it’s not like they can resort to just throwing wads of cash at them either, so it’s likely going to be someone young or an Emery MKII. :(

It's such a toxic position at the moment, going for a young up and coming manager will probably be our best bet. We'll be incredibly lucky to get it right the first time. A young up and coming manager with a clear vision would still be infinitely better than the list of ex-players we've been loosely linked to.

Soldato
Lol, Freddie's post-match = SOS to deaf ears and in the dark as the rest of us.

"I've said to the club, it's a great, great honour to do this. But of course, Per [Mertesacker] is an academy manager, and is doing two jobs at once. I think it needs to be cleared up to make a decision, so everybody knows, but that's up to the club.

"I'm very honoured, and try to do things as good as I can, but I think as well it would be good to make a decision, regardless of what it is."

He also told Sky Sports: "I've said to them I think they need to make a decision. We all want to help, but Per is doing another job at the same time and doing a great run to help, all the other staff are trying to chip in and help but a decision needs to be made so we have the same resources as other clubs. It's not easy for Per, we have to fix that."

Soldato
Regardless of injuries Llungberg consistently picks the wrong team and makes the wrong subs. We just need a manager to come in and pick the best team with the play style and formation most suited.

Auba might get you the odd goal as a lone striker but he doesn't link up play very well. He's much better on the left of a 3 or with another striker. Him and Laca have a great relationship on the pitch and they both improve each others game. They're our best 2 players and need to be starting.

As to our holding midfielders, has anyone ever told them to hold? Literally all over the place every game and offer no protection to an already shaky defence. They need shouting at every time they go out of position until it sticks.

Utterly limp display from us again. Players seem to have given up.

Caporegime
Really a waste of time getting rid of Emery without any plan, feel for Freddie, he's been given an awful job. The owners of Arsenal are utterly clueless. They're the problem.

Caporegime
Regardless of injuries Llungberg consistently picks the wrong team and makes the wrong subs. We just need a manager to come in and pick the best team with the play style and formation most suited.

Auba might get you the odd goal as a lone striker but he doesn't link up play very well. He's much better on the left of a 3 or with another striker. Him and Laca have a great relationship on the pitch and they both improve each others game. They're our best 2 players and need to be starting.

As to our holding midfielders, has anyone ever told them to hold? Literally all over the place every game and offer no protection to an already shaky defence. They need shouting at every time they go out of position until it sticks.

Utterly limp display from us again. Players seem to have given up.
I’m not even sure if Freddie is picking the team.
I’ve said it from day one when Auba and laca developed that partnership, that they should be starting together every single game barring injuries.
Emery didn’t do it and neither is Freddie now.
No idea who we should appoint or where we go from here. We will be soon in a relegation scrap if our board aren’t careful. Right now our form is relegation form.

Next summer we need to offload a few of these utterly useless players and start rebuilding properly with a proper manager at the helm. The likes of Ozil, Sokratis, Mustafi and a few others need to be shown the door.

Not that anything of the sort will happen though. So next yr will be a rinse and repeat of the utter **** we produce on the field. Also rumours are flying that Auba is refusing to sign a contract extension. So the age old problem of our best players wanting to leave our team is still there.

Soldato
I’m not even sure if Freddie is picking the team.
I’ve said it from day one when Auba and laca developed that partnership, that they should be starting together every single game barring injuries.
Emery didn’t do it and neither is Freddie now.
No idea who we should appoint or where we go from here. We will be soon in a relegation scrap if our board aren’t careful. Right now our form is relegation form.

Next summer we need to offload a few of these utterly useless players and start rebuilding properly with a proper manager at the helm. The likes of Ozil, Sokratis, Mustafi and a few others need to be shown the door.

Not that anything of the sort will happen though. So next yr will be a rinse and repeat of the utter **** we produce on the field. Also rumours are flying that Auba is refusing to sign a contract extension. So the age old problem of our best players wanting to leave our team is still there.
The club did ot turn like this over a season or two. its been developing for the last 10 years and i was the only person in this forum that saw it comming .

This has been years in the making

Soldato
The club did ot turn like this over a season or two. its been developing for the last 10 years and i was the only person in this forum that saw it comming .

This has been years in the making

I didn't post in the football forum until fairly recently. But this was always going to happen. Didn't the Kroenkes announce that the club would only spend within its means? And that they were not the kind of owners to put money in?

Soldato
I didn't post in the football forum until fairly recently. But this was always going to happen. Didn't the Kroenkes announce that the club would only spend within its means? And that they were not the kind of owners to put money in?
I saw it coming around the time when eduardo broke his leg and we capitulated as a team.

We diddnt have the balls to rise up and get the title and instead we blew it.

The mentality and the decisions wenger made back then cost is probably 2 or 3 titles we could have won in the last 15 years and i knew that wenger had to go back then and that the board had to invest in the team.

Back then, we was only a couple of players away plus a better manager/coach away from being title contenders but look at us now. WE have falled way way down.

There is a reason why the to elite european clubs sack there managers/coaches swiftly because they know that the more longer they drag it, the more damage that needs to be repaired.

Its like your on a boat and you see a tiny pinchhole leak and instead of fixing it right then and there u leave it, it gets bigger, more water goes into the boat and before u know it your sinking and need to completely replace the boat from scratch.

Arsenal are a club that needs to start from zero on a 3-5 year project This i am not kidding.

Its bad, very bad and this is all down to the board and wenger .

Maybe Arteta is the man to do it. give him a 3 year contract with very low expectations and pressure. We should not expect arsenal to be in the top 6 for the next 2 years realisitically.

Get our expectations down a few notches and be patient with whoever takes control of us next.

Soldato
Well it could well be Arteta, as the Managing director was seen coming out of his house in the early hours. I agree we're a massive project to take on now. We definitely need a serious cleanout.

Soldato
Emery got criticised for his communication skills, good luck with Arteta, I've never heard him speak English?
Arteta speaks really good english. HIs spent almost half his life in england!

He was at Everton for a very long time before even joining arsenal.

edit: speaks better english then Jamie Caragher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z67Utm8M2Y

Soldato
Play the right team and formation while changing the mood of the team and improvements will come. No idea who the board will eventually get though so the above is not a given!

Back
Top Bottom