Advice on this phone

Soldato
Seems too good to be true so I'm sure it is.

6gb/128gb, 6.3'' screen, good CPU/GPU. Very high specs, better than a galaxy s9 but for less than £60.

I know there's something up, I'm guessing it's really 2gb/16gb and lesser other specs yet the seller has sold thousands of items and has good ratings.

The other thing is it may not work on EU networks.

Have you ever heard of this phone, thought?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drop-Scr...370063?hash=item2cfba3b18f:g:BKsAAOSw7qRdxm-p

Soldato
OP
for £60 it is what it is a cheap phone. Only 3G support though too so not great. No idea if it will even work in EU. If you can afford to lose £60 on a gamble then go for it.

I noticed 3G also but found similar phone on Amazon saying it was 4G. Have you ever come across anything like this?

I can always return it the basis of false advertising if it turns out to have crapppy specs.

Soldato
The picture of the device on Amazon (where it's currently unavailable) is completely different to the one on eBay. On Amazon it looks like a cheap phone. On eBay, the image is probably altered to make it look better.

You're trying to convince yourself that the phone isn't a pig in a poke.

Soldato
OP
The picture of the device on Amazon (where it's currently unavailable) is completely different to the one on eBay. On Amazon it looks like a cheap phone. On eBay, the image is probably altered to make it look better.

You're trying to convince yourself that the phone isn't a pig in a poke.

I'm am indeed. Would you risk it?

Soldato
OP
I found a thread on XDA. It's fake, it's 2gb/16gb with an old chipset. Apparently a few people falling into the same trap. They've hard coded the about page to look like high specs.

Just a reminder that there's no free lunches.

Soldato
Its a Mediatek 6595 cpu. It's not going to set the world alive in PUBG, but it'll work fine for the vast majority of things.

What you'll lack is a decent camera, the fingerprint may not be accurate (as in, anyone touching it might unlock it) - the same with the faceID - will likely only be a very basic implementation.

However, other than that - you'll be surprised how good a budget phone is nowadays compared to the knock off junk from a few years ago. I've got my daughter an Oukitel C16 Pro (3g/32gb version) for christmas which was about the same amount and after playing around with it for a few hours configuring it all, it's a perfectly decent phone.

Soldato
Eugh - don't go for any ad where they lie about specs. Check out that Oukitel C16 Pro instead - it's about the same amount and at least you know what you're getting. I got mine from the 'well good' place.

Back
Top Bottom