Karcher K series question.

Soldato
Hot water cleans better. Same as it does in your kitchen sink.

Check the spec of the model you have, some can take hot water, most can’t.

If you want a hot water pressure washer the best type are the ones which heat the water up for you.

Soldato
Mate over the road has just done his -He has a hot and cold tap within a few feet of each other - he made up a Tee piece to join taps - all he does is turn on hot tap just a bit then turn on cold and mix them till he gets a constant warm flow -Not red hot but medium hot and it works a treat - It didn't leave any of that white road smear on doors or wings - he also used a traffic film remover before he started.
I was impressed but did wonder about heating oil bill.

PS he is on a combi boiler so pressures should be the same -also he was thinking a non return valve on each supply.

Associate
Would be massively impressed if you got enough water pressure from a hot tap, but also confused why you would?

They don't use much water at all when running, you can run some from a barrel or other container of water. The biggest issue is the K series uses the water to cool the motor so "hot" water could damage the motor.

Associate
If you want hot water to help you clean your car, then I'd suggest you get some proper car cleaning products.
I don't know what you currently use, but you can buy a number of different products that make it easy for you to wash your car and don't need you to use the pressure washer to clean the car.

Back
Top Bottom