• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Associate
I'm shocked I still have the 1st place on the single thread for a 3700. Surely there are others who can challenge by now! I might see if I can bump it up a little now winter is setting in.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice MT score, maybe your better RAM timings are helping with that? As I get a lower score when at 4.5GHz all core.

At least my ST score is a lot better though ;)

Can anyone confirm is RAM makes a difference to the score in this bench? If I were to get better RAM I may be able to become number 1 again among Ryzen ST scores :p

Soldato
Nice MT score, maybe your better RAM timings are helping with that? As I get a lower score when at 4.5GHz all core.

At least my ST score is a lot better though ;)

Can anyone confirm is RAM makes a difference to the score in this bench? If I were to get better RAM I may be able to become number 1 again among Ryzen ST scores :p

It does with ryzen as it effects the speed of the cpu more direct than Intel

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It does with ryzen as it effects the speed of the cpu more direct than Intel
I do fancy grabbing 32gb on 3600MHz CL16 RAM but I just feel it will be a bit of a waste as nothing I do will benefit from it much, as for my needs I am always GPU bound by far. As I never go above 60fps at 4K there is never the need for CPU grunt.

Right now my thoughts are to keep what I have for 2 years, then grab a 4900X on the cheap and stick it in this mobo with some new 32GB RGB RAM. Never had RGB RAM before and may upgrade my case around the same time so it will look nice in it. I want it to look like the Enterprise D Warp Core! :p

Then can get a cheap B550 board and stick my current CPU and RAM into that and put it into my secondary PC. Nice upgrade on the cheap all round.

Not had a new case in nearly 7 years now, so would be nice to upgrade that in a couple of years when doing all this. I do like Coolermasters H500P but I would like an improved version of that as all the current one’s feel like they could be improved. I like 200mm fans which is what my current case has. I would keep it as airflow is great, but you know what it’s like, you eventually fancy something new.

Soldato
I do fancy grabbing 32gb on 3600MHz CL16 RAM but I just feel it will be a bit of a waste as nothing I do will benefit from it much, as for my needs I am always GPU bound by far. As I never go above 60fps at 4K there is never the need for CPU grunt.

Right now my thoughts are to keep what I have for 2 years, then grab a 4900X on the cheap and stick it in this mobo with some new 32GB RGB RAM. Never had RGB RAM before and may upgrade my case around the same time so it will look nice in it. I want it to look like the Enterprise D Warp Core! :p

Then can get a cheap B550 board and stick my current CPU and RAM into that and put it into my secondary PC. Nice upgrade on the cheap all round.

Not had a new case in nearly 7 years now, so would be nice to upgrade that in a couple of years when doing all this. I do like Coolermasters H500P but I would like an improved version of that as all the current one’s feel like they could be improved. I like 200mm fans which is what my current case has. I would keep it as airflow is great, but you know what it’s like, you eventually fancy something new.

I treated my system to some new ram the other day actually (3700x) and got some 4400mhz ram but running at 3800 mhz c14 and 1900flk and it's one of the best upgrades I've done Imo. I'm not sure if it's placebo but everything feels smoother, it's rock solid stable. Plus I now know I likely don't need more ram realistically until ddr5.

Also if you have b-die ram it will tune really nice anyway with a custom overclock/lower timings :) I'm more than happy to talk you over on discord if you want over Xmas holiday about exactly how to do it. You would see a nice performance gain from that too.

Exactly what ram do you have?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I treated my system to some new ram the other day actually (3700x) and got some 4400mhz ram but running at 3800 mhz c14 and 1900flk and it's one of the best upgrades I've done Imo. I'm not sure if it's placebo but everything feels smoother, it's rock solid stable. Plus I now know I likely don't need more ram realistically until ddr5.

Also if you have b-die ram it will tune really nice anyway with a custom overclock/lower timings :) I'm more than happy to talk you over on discord if you want over Xmas holiday about exactly how to do it. You would see a nice performance gain from that too.

Exactly what ram do you have?
Corsair LPX. Says it is B-Die but it ain’t as it does not tune at all. It barely does advertised xmp speeds.

Thanks for the offer, I just can’t see how I would benefit from it as I hardly got a benefit upgrading from a 4770K to 3600 or upgrading my ssd to nvme. Can’t see how RAM will make a difference. Everything is super snappy as it is.

I get how the ram would help people on lower resolutions or people who need high fps, but I am neither. Unless I am missing something :)

Caporegime
Corsair LPX. Says it is B-Die but it ain’t as it does not tune at all. It barely does advertised xmp speeds.

Thanks for the offer, I just can’t see how I would benefit from it as I hardly got a benefit upgrading from a 4770K to 3600 or upgrading my ssd to nvme. Can’t see how RAM will make a difference. Everything is super snappy as it is.

I get how the ram would help people on lower resolutions or people who need high fps, but I am neither. Unless I am missing something :)
But it might net you that vital few points in cinebench:phaha

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
But it might net you that vital few points in cinebench:phaha
Haha. Yeah, I do like a bit of benching and that is one of the appeals along with knowing the system is running in the optimal condition even though for my use case it likely won’t make a difference as I am a 4K 60FPS gamer so am either GPU limited or hitting FPS target way before making my CPU cry.

This is one of the benefits of being happy with lower FPS or capping it. Even in the future if I ever get a 144Hz monitor, I will still cap it at 120fps at the most, probably even lower than that as I don’t play the kind of games that would benefit much from things being extra responsive. Will likely stick with my current monitor for quite a few years though, as it does the job very well for my needs :D

Last edited:
Associate
@TNA Cinebench seems to be cpu clock speed dependent more than memory speed.
100Mhz on the CPU is more relevant than tuning the memory. (For Cinebench) Imo.
From what i have seen the increase is not worth buying new ram for cinebench results.
Up the volts ! :)
But seriously I think you are going to need to run at 4.7 or above to match or beat that 3950X but feel free to try.
You may be able to beat "OUR" score ;) but your the one with voltage headroom still to use not me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA Cinebench seems to be cpu clock speed dependent more than memory speed.
100Mhz on the CPU is more relevant than tuning the memory. (For Cinebench) Imo.
From what i have seen the increase is not worth buying new ram for cinebench results.
Up the volts ! :)
But seriously I think you are going to need to run at 4.7 or above to match or beat that 3950X but feel free to try.
You may be able to beat "OUR" score ;) but your the one with voltage headroom still to use not me.
I agree. RAM likely won't make a huge difference to ST score. Regarding upping the voltage, nice try ;)

Maybe by upping the voltage and with new RAM I could get number 1 spot among the Ryzen CPU's once again, but not worth the risk or the money :p

Associate
Lol. Why so shocked when my 3600 is quite a bit ahead?
lol that's the 3600, different cpu with thermals different on SC. I was hoping to see mor fellow 3700s by now take the crown. It's been out a while now and I don't think mine is the best silicon out there for sure.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
lol that's the 3600, different cpu with thermals different on SC. I was hoping to see mor fellow 3700s by now take the crown. It's been out a while now and I don't think mine is the best silicon out there for sure.
Not sure but I do not think thermals have anything to do with it when it is just a single core test ;)

You would think a 3600 would have worse results not better as higher end CPU's should have better quality cores/silicon. I just got super lucky that my cores/silicon are better than people even with a 3900X :p

Associate
Y0k2j9a.png
Y0k2j9a.png
Y0k2j9a.png [/IMG]

Caporegime
OP
No idea if this is good or can be better. Not clued up at all on overclocking

Can't really tell what you did there, looks low, same CPU at 4.15Ghz:Score 3757: AMD Ryzen R5 3600 at 4.15Ghz, humbug
You see where it says Core Selection, the green bars are sliders, the speed for that core is in the box on the left, slide the cores until you get the speed you want and click apply, you can also set the volts, no more than 1.425v and only if you have good cooling.

Updated :)

Great Score @RavenXXX2

Soldato
3900x - 4.45Ghz All Core @ 1.375v
32GB Trident RGB 3200C14 overclocked to 3800 16-16-17-16-32 (1usmus safe settings) with a 1900 IF.

krpjTID.png

Can't get to 4.5Ghz, don't want to go over 1.4v even for a one off!
Seems to want to do 4.4Ghz @ 1.35 or Auto voltage with good temps, so may have that as my OC profile, or just Stock for regular use since it's pretty quick as standard..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom