Red-green colour blindness

Soldato
On Xmas day, my mum was wearing a striped shirt. I said "it's a nice green colour". Everyone else said it's not green, it's yellow or a golden yellow. Except my brother who sees it the same as me. :o

I really cannot see any yellow in it, just looks green to my eyes. Although yes, I can see it is goldenish.

I'm assuming this is down to red-green colour blindness which is apparently quite common with men. Anyone else here see it as green? I'm also useless on Ishihara tests where numbers are hidden amongst coloured dots.

20191227-150146.jpg

Soldato
https://www.toptal.com/designers/colorfilter/

Paste in the URL of the image and with Protanopia (the bottom image with default settings on that page) you definitely see it more as green.

I'd image you see little to no difference between the top and bottom image (obviously every person varies in their levels of blindness to each colour)

EDIT: Also, is this the first time you're finding out you have a level of colour blindness - as it sounds that way... You can't be "bad" at colour blind tests like you fail a math test :) You either see it or you don't and there isn't to learn that makes you better at them.

Last edited:
I’m colourblind and see green.

Like with a computer monitor, normal colour vision in humans can understand 3 colours - red, green and blue. Red-green colour blindness means that your blue vision is intact but either red or green is missing, so that both red and green appear the same. I think that if you're seeing the op's pic as green, it means that your red vision has gone, so that it makes yellow appear as green to you.

<< normal 3-colour vision here and I see yellow.

Back
Top Bottom