• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Associate
Very nice 3900x score @Demon. My 3900x that I got back in july could only do 4.3Ghz all core, and even then had to drop the CCD1 to 4.2GHz to be stable in different loads. Shows how binning has improved assuming you got yours recently.

Soldato
Shows how binning has improved assuming you got yours recently.

I think the 7nm process has actually improved, as the last few R5 3600's I've had pass though have been much better than the earlier ones. The very first one I had was a 19-week 23, and that wasn't amazing, and couldn't hit 4.3GHz all-core flaky let alone stable. The newer ones however are much better, the last two I had were 19-week 47, and they easily ran at 4.4GHz stable, on not silly volts.

I'll be doing a few more tests on some 3600X's I have arriving in Jan, I hope they are newer weeks too. :)

Soldato
This is the best I can do with my 3900X 4.4ghz, all core stable, not bad, im a bit nervous about going over 1.325v at full load, I dont want to fry it, so ive set 1.385v in the bios with a vdroop of 4, this is on an MSI X570 Ace, it droops to 1.328v under heavy load, im still playing with the RAM timings, and at the moment, with SoC voltage set to 1.100v my FCLK wont post at 1900mhz, so its currently at 1867mhz.

Z3Kd0uQ.jpg

Soldato
This is the best I can do with my 3900X 4.4ghz, all core stable, not bad, im a bit nervous about going over 1.325v at full load, I dont want to fry it, so ive set 1.385v in the bios with a vdroop of 4, this is on an MSI X570 Ace, it droops to 1.328v under heavy load, im still playing with the RAM timings, and at the moment, with SoC voltage set to 1.100v my FCLK wont post at 1900mhz, so its currently at 1867mhz.

So close!
I got scared trying for 4.5Ghz and refused to set the Voltage to 1.40 or beyond, so gave up, it wouldn't run CB20 at [email protected] so decided enough was enough!
I've popped a post in the 3900x thread about voltages, because it's confusing as hell with the Motherboard CPU Core Voltage being reported higher than the CPU does itself, making me not sure which voltage I should be looking at/worrying about!

4.4Ghz is good though, I'm tempted to keep it at this due to it's apparant stability with 'auto' voltage and looking at the report CPU 'core voltage' it spends most of it's time below 1.3v which I hope is OK for longevity.

Soldato
So close!
I got scared trying for 4.5Ghz and refused to set the Voltage to 1.40 or beyond, so gave up, it wouldn't run CB20 at [email protected] so decided enough was enough!
I've popped a post in the 3900x thread about voltages, because it's confusing as hell with the Motherboard CPU Core Voltage being reported higher than the CPU does itself, making me not sure which voltage I should be looking at/worrying about!

4.4Ghz is good though, I'm tempted to keep it at this due to it's apparant stability with 'auto' voltage and looking at the report CPU 'core voltage' it spends most of it's time below 1.3v which I hope is OK for longevity.

Does yours sit at 1.375v whilst you are stress testing too ?
Mine is set to 1.3875v in the bios, but ive set it in a way that when its stress testing it vdroops to 1.328v, its just at or around 1.3875v when its idle or doing light tasks, still it beats the 1.48v my board was banging through it at stock settings before.

EDIT, ive just seen your postr in the 3900x thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
My singles a bit crap tbh

R20-single-stock.png

Associate
4.png

No Idea what I'm doing, first Amd system since some 586 clone in the 90's. :o
Entered Bios, set xmp, infinity 1600, and set v'core as below. changed nothing else.
Asrock Creator, 128gb Crucial 'el cheapo' Ram, ek block & tim. 2x ek rads no fans yet ;) Still building the system.

Top score of 18781 4.25 Ghz - 1.25v Temps hit max 67, vrm 50
Mid Score of 18303 4.15 Ghz 1.1v Stock max 63 deg vrm 45

What is safe voltage ? I was worried that with 128gb, I'd be stuck at the low end of clocks, it appears the opposite, with relatively low volts/consumption/heat (for the performance). What a beaut' of a chip! and platform.

I have some some 8 pack ram only 32gb though. Is it worth swapping that in? I guess I'll need to tune it ? The ram calc that supports trx40 appears to be coming soon, but not yet. Is it likely to make a difference ?, Are there any other standard settings in the bios to fiddle with to improve/tweak things? And or things to avoid ? Any advice appreciated.

Soldato
Very nice 3900x score @Demon. My 3900x that I got back in july could only do 4.3Ghz all core, and even then had to drop the CCD1 to 4.2GHz to be stable in different loads. Shows how binning has improved assuming you got yours recently.

I got mine launch day and it does 4.425 all-core at 1.325v. Will do 4.5 with not too scary but also not 24/7 volts.

Back
Top Bottom