• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Crashing 5700xt Nitro+ Special ED (HELP)

Associate
Hey, I’ve recently installed a new 8GB 5700xt sapphire nitro+ Special edition in my sons computer.
Im experience a major issue which is starting to really annoy me.

If we are we are just browsing or playing a game we will get a black screen, fans ramp up in temp and some times the computer reboots or stays on a black screen. We have even did a full wipe of windows and installed a fresh copy. AMD drivers are up to date v19.12.2 we had the same issues on .3 to reverted to .2. I’ve even reset all AMD settings to default and left the advisor on Standard.

Does any one have any ideas on does this call for an RMA ?

Associate
OP
Have you overclocked the CPU or RAM, I had a black screen when my RAM was overclocked a bit high.
No just then XMP for the Ram, CPU is stock.
I’ve just changed the AMD software to v19.9.1 and it’s ran for over an hr and a half no crash when playing games. After a few checks on Reddit etc with people with similar issues .

Soldato
Hey, I’ve recently installed a new 8GB 5700xt sapphire nitro+ Special edition in my sons computer.
Im experience a major issue which is starting to really annoy me.

If we are we are just browsing or playing a game we will get a black screen, fans ramp up in temp and some times the computer reboots or stays on a black screen. We have even did a full wipe of windows and installed a fresh copy. AMD drivers are up to date v19.12.2 we had the same issues on .3 to reverted to .2. I’ve even reset all AMD settings to default and left the advisor on Standard.

Does any one have any ideas on does this call for an RMA ?

Whats your PSU?
Have you turned off fast boot?

What you describe is issue with motherboard, CPU, RAM or PSU. Why I say that?
Since 18.12.x AMD GPUs won't crash the system if there is no serious hardware related issue which would appear on the first 5 minutes when you turn on the system for first time. Applications would crash on unstable overclocks, but you do have a more serious underlying issue here.

Whats the rest of your hardware? Do you try to run pci-e 4.0 on motherboard other than X570 one? Do you use MSI AB & RTSS?

Associate
OP
Unless you are running a monstrous CPU then 550W is plenty. 1
Yes I know. However they recommend 600w +, I have a 750w Evga in just now and it crashes earlier.

So I have currently wiped windows again. I haven’t installed any After Burner, NZXT Cam, AMD drivers either. Also stopped the Asus Armory for booting and installing the rubbish for the RgB on the board etc

Soldato
Yes I know. However they recommend 600w +, I have a 750w Evga in just now and it crashes earlier.

So I have currently wiped windows again. I haven’t installed any After Burner, NZXT Cam, AMD drivers either. Also stopped the Asus Armory for booting and installing the rubbish for the RgB on the board etc
I was having crashes and black screens, I reduced RAM speed and it fixed it, XMP setting don't always work, mine don't. Its sometimes better to enter the settings manually for some reason.

Associate
ok then did a fresh install of windows yesterday

updated the ati drivers to 19.12.2

not running a rx5700 till Monday so had my r9-390 installed and had the same issues some games would work tried sims for on of the kids and it would black screen constantly then crash out the drivers

the only solution I could find was rolling back to 19-12.1 and everything works perfect

did a lot of reading and it seems to be linked to overlays and freesync plus the new sync

Soldato
You should be using the 19.12.3 driver which has a lot of bug fixes. WHQL Drivers does not mean they are the best to use.

Back
Top Bottom