Red-green colour blindness

Soldato
OP
is this the first time you're finding out you have a level of colour blindness - as it sounds that way... You can't be "bad" at colour blind tests like you fail a math test :) You either see it or you don't and there isn't to learn that makes you better at them.

Oh I've known about my colour blindness forever, but I was curious to see how many others see green.

Like with a computer monitor, normal colour vision in humans can understand 3 colours - red, green and blue. Red-green colour blindness means that your blue vision is intact but either red or green is missing, so that both red and green appear the same. I think that if you're seeing the op's pic as green, it means that your red vision has gone, so that it makes yellow appear as green to you.

<< normal 3-colour vision here and I see yellow.

I'm sure you're correct. It's weird though because I have no problem seeing red.

Soldato
They are yellow. If you are seeing green then yes it would appear you have issues with red.

https://enchroma.com/pages/color-blindness-test#test

take that test and tell us the results.

Wow thanks for the test. I know I'm colourblind but I've never had someone actually tell me what type. I did the test and got Type: Protan Severity: Strong.

You have Strong Protan color blindness, a type of red-green color blindness. Good news! People with your type of color blindness usually respond very positively to EnChroma color blind glasses.

Back
Top Bottom