Which intolerance test to go for?

Hey all.
I am fairly sure I have some form of food intolerance. Online there are plenty of companies within the UK that offer an intolerance test, however the prices vary wildly from around £50 to £250.

I am leaning towards intolerancelab.co.uk.
Has anyone used one that they can recommend?

Don
I used testyourintolerence.co.uk

I was kind of the opinion as Hyburnate states that it was a bit snake oil, but it came back with stuff I knew I was intolerant of and highlighted a couple of other things I suspected.

Caporegime
My GP has told me on several occasions that the NHS doesn't have intolerance tests available.

That's because food intolerance tests are not based on scientific evidence. They're junk. The only reliable way test for food intolerance is to monitor your diet.

Alternatively, a referral to a pathologist or an allergy clinic will determine whether or not you have a genuine food allergy (not just an intolerance).

Soldato
@OpenToSuggestions how did you get on? Any recommendations?
The best way to go is to just monitor your intake.

I knew I had a dairy intolerance but there were other things going on too that I wasnt sure what was causing it, so I cut everything out of my diet and lived on boiled rice and chicken for a week to get to a base level. Then introduced 1 food stuff back at a time and see how I reacted.

Which then uncovered that eggs and celery were massive allergens to me.

Back
Top Bottom