How do religious people explain child mortality?

Soldato
So hold on,

You believe in a Christian god but not in creationism? Which is surely not in line with what we are told the Christian God would have you believe?
Sounds to me like moving the goalposts into the realms of possibility after aspects of the original story look more unlikely overtime....

Why do you have to believe in creationism to be a Christian? I would imagine innumerable scientists in the last 200 years have been Christians without believing in creationism even Darwin wasn't an atheist.

Man of Honour
The burden of proof for a god lies with those who believe it, because it's made up!

You could also say:
The burden of proof for the Big Bang lies with those who believe it, because it's made up!

I'm on the side of the Big Bang however something/someone created that and then something/someone created the thing that caused that and so on ...............

Soldato
You could also say:
The burden of proof for the Big Bang lies with those who believe it, because it's made up!

I'm on the side of the Big Bang however something/someone created that and then something/someone created the thing that caused that and so on ...............

But, unlike god there's actual evidence for the big bang. I agree with you too, though; the place where I stop arguing with religious people about how the earth was created was the stage before the big bang. I don't think we'll ever know what triggered it or how it came to be. All I know is that if it hadn't, we wouldn't exist to observe it.

Soldato
You could also say:

Why do you think the big bang is made up? science has clear evidence that the universe is getting bigger every second and expanding in all directions, this can only have occurred from a cataclysmic event.

The galaxies outside of our own are moving away from us, and the ones that are farthest away are moving the fastest.
However, the galaxies are not moving through space, they are moving in space, because space is also moving. In other words, the universe has no centre; everything is moving away from everything else.

Soldato
science has clear evidence that the universe is getting bigger every second and expanding in all directions, this can only have occurred from a cataclysmic event.
There is no irrefutable scientific proof that this was a purely natural event, it is an observation and an assumption. It's like when Charles Darwin observed many species and then made assumptions about their origins, no irrefutable proof whatsoever. The original title of the thread is foolishness, nothing more than a poke to stir up contentions.

Soldato
There is no irrefutable scientific proof that this was a purely natural event, it is an observation and an assumption. It's like when Charles Darwin observed many species and then made assumptions about their origins, no irrefutable proof whatsoever.

Can you give a viable alternatives ?

Soldato
Why do you think the big bang is made up? science has clear evidence that the universe is getting bigger every second and expanding in all directions, this can only have occurred from a cataclysmic event.

This is what we keep running in to, people who condemn religion as made up, yet have an equal faith in a theory being fact. Nobody knows for a fact how the big bang occurred, or if it even happened like that. It's only in the conversation because its a scientific theory trying to explain things.

I'm not sure if I typed this in the previous thread. But its like say if the country of A had a million people, and each year the population went up by 1,000 people. The logical and science theory would be to count back how many thousands go in to 1 million to find out how hold the country was when it was founded. But that is only a theory and assumes a lot of things for it to work.

Caporegime
This is like old GD :D

The burden of proof for a god lies with those who believe it, because it's made up!
The world isn't divided into people who believe in a God/Creator/aliens must exist, or those who believe a God/Creator/aliens cannot possibly exist in any circumstances, ever.

There are plenty who think it is a possibility. And science (generally) does not attempt to disprove it as a concept, in some form or other. Science conceives of models for the origin of life that do not involve a Creator, but you'll find very few scientists who claim to have disproved in any form an act of creation.

Science is still looking at possibilities such as life being deposited via an asteroid, etc. Because until we know a lot more about our universe, we've still not even scratched the surface.

The universe is a vast, vast place. We honestly don't know what's out there.

People who say, "There cannot be a God," share the same burden of proof as those who say, "There is a God."

Soldato
I have trouble seeing how anyone can be anything other than mainly agnostic tbh, with the only exception I can think of being that of having a religious experience, but even then that might just be part of the human condition.

I've had some experiences of my own that have made me question reality, but how much that was me, vs something other than me, idk.

If pushed I would lean towards there being more to it all, so I guess I'm a center left agnostic xD

Soldato
It's like when Charles Darwin observed many species and then made assumptions about their origins, no irrefutable proof whatsoever. foolishness, nothing more than a

how much proof do you need?

the proven fact that your body retains elements of our animal ancestors?

that you have a remnant of a 3rd eyelid,
that your ears still have nine tiny defunct muscles for swiveling the ear
that you still have the mechanism to raise your fur to look threatening or to keep warm
there are several more if you Google it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom