Essential VR Games and Experiences

Associate
Hi all,

I look after the computer club at work, so I have the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive at home to look after when people aren't borrowing it.

What are peoples suggestions for great VR experiences. I like Beat Saber, Vanishing Realms, Project Cars 2, The Blue and other little demos. But I'm keen to see if anybody can suggest some essential VR games or experiences.

Cheers.

I haz 4090!
Don
Eleven table tennis is fantastic if you're into sports games. DCS world is also amazing, but I found randomly flying around to be your best bet, as the instruments are too hard to read to play it hardcore.

Soldato
Hah, same thing in assetto corsa. After a race I stand up to stretch the legs a little and shimmy around in the pits admiring the car. Technically you could race standing up on the car, but it'd be hard on the stomach I think.:)

Derailed Valley anyway, operating a steam train for reals:o

Associate
Never played it in VR but always wanted to try Fallout 4 in VR.

If you're into Horror doesn't Outlast have a VR mode? Horror is a great fit for VR with the jump scares :eek:

Associate
OP
Alien Isolation, if you can stomach it....makes me feel a bit sick. But I play loads of Project Cars 2 in VR and don't have a problem.

I can't even play that in a non-VR environment. I have the game, I love the Aliens films, and the game is so atmospheric but it scares the hell out of me. :)

Project Cars 2 is great in VR. I have the wheels and pedals and love driving the single seater cars in races.

Soldato
Hi all,

I look after the computer club at work, so I have the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive at home to look after when people aren't borrowing it.

What are peoples suggestions for great VR experiences. I like Beat Saber, Vanishing Realms, Project Cars 2, The Blue and other little demos. But I'm keen to see if anybody can suggest some essential VR games or experiences.

Cheers.

Robo Recall,
Rec Room,
Super Hot,
Asgard's Wrath,
Eleven: Table Tennis,
Lone Echo,
Pavlov,
Thrill of the Fight,
The Lab on Steam,
Gorn,
Skyrim VR,

Those should keep you going for a while.

Soldato
Alien Isolation, if you can stomach it....makes me feel a bit sick. But I play loads of Project Cars 2 in VR and don't have a problem.

Can you still play it in VR? I played it when I had a DK2 and it scared the life out of me...first time it found me hiding in a locker and went for me I screamed like a girl and ripped the headset off and had to watch some Bob Ross for half an hour to calm down..

Soldato
Superhot
Robo Recall
Beat Saber
Stormland
Asgard's Wrath
Batman Arkham VR
The Exorcist
Paranormal Activity
Duck Game
Project Cars
Wilsons Tale
Lone Echo
Skyrim VR
Fallout VR
Thrill of the Fight
The Lab
Rec Room
Eleven Table Tennis
Aperature Hand Lab (I find it very charming)
Gorn
Blade and Sorcery
Boneworks
Pistol Whip
Subnautica
No Mans Sky
Elite Dangerous
Budget Cuts
Pavlov
Vader Immortal series
Creed
Chronos

VorpX:
Bioshock Infinite (the only one I tried)

Modded VR games:
GTA V
Doom 3
Alien Isolation

But.. But.. But.. VR has no games [/sarcasm]

I also like crap games like sports scramble but only on the Quest so I can actually physically run.

Soldato
A lot of Isolation talk, it's got nothing on Subnautica.

Ill fire it up every so often to remind myself how wonderful it looks and feels like in VR, but ill never go to the depths again. Never have I felt so vulnerable in a video game before, it was terrifying.

Resident Evil, AO, Aliens Marines, Layers of Fear, all fine.

Soldato
A lot of Isolation talk, it's got nothing on Subnautica.

Ill fire it up every so often to remind myself how wonderful it looks and feels like in VR, but ill never go to the depths again. Never have I felt so vulnerable in a video game before, it was terrifying.

Haha, totally this, the reef is beautiful. The reapers not so much...

I tried Fallout 4, but after an hour I had terrible motion sickness for the rest of the evening :(

Back
Top Bottom