How did your work Christmas party go then?

Soldato
We joined up with one of those organised Christmas party events which was actually really good, dodgems at 12.30am kind of thing. One or two of the guys went out after and got quite drunk but nothing too bad happened, think one got kicked out of a club. Nothing bad happened and it was generally a good time. I didn't drink for the first Christmas do I've ever been on but enjoyed myself and felt everyone got on well which was nice. Food was crap though.

Soldato
Didn’t go to ours, working in the Civil Service means we have to arrange and pay for our own. The bright spark who organised it decided a Wednesday was perfect for people at a Turkish restaurant. This year I’m hoping it’ll be more of a formal do but I won’t hold my breath (or offer to organise it).

Soldato
We all ditched our official work do and 20 of us grouped together and went to a restaurant this year.

Pros:
Only people I enjoy being around were there
Food was excellent

Cons:
No random people and the random stories to come out of them
No chance to bump into people I haven't spoken to before

Soldato
Dunno, I never attend. I can't be doing with the majority of the people at our place, there's no way on God's green earth that I'd willingly associate with them outside of work.

Soldato
Ours I think was quite tame to what I've heard from others. We are a small company so we do the shared party events at various places. I decided to drink this time so the only exciting thing to happen I think was that drunk secretspy made an appearance, much to the delight of my colleagues :D (apparently I'm awesome when drunk :cool: :p)

I asked a family member how theirs was and they said that, though their company joined others, they got banned because someone took a dump on the dance floor and a lady was found passed out in her own vomit :(

It reminded me of when my dad and I used to help my mum clean the local cinema/events place. They had a massive hall that was rented out to a well known travel company for their Xmas do. When we got their at 4am on the Sunday morning the hall was in such a mess that we had to call the boss in for help. He delegated that my mum and I focus on the hall, my dad on the cinema and he would do the toilets. He had to keep taking breaks though because apparently in the ladies people had thrown up everywhere :(

Sadly there are people who just can't seem to control how much they're drinking.

Soldato
After hearing about this story from Ireland and the chaos that apparently went down at the Stryker’s Christmas party
I must've missed the post so what happened there?

No organised company party here, we usually have a works night out arranged amongst ourselves, all very informal and there's never been anything terrible happen.

Soldato
Ours was a midday till you drop crawl. There were some altercations (with one another), but this is generally the done thing for forces - hammer out any differences over a few drinks, kiss and make up after. Bloody hooligans ;-p

I think the issue we're talking about in this thread though is the problem with Wolf of Wall Street wannabes. The reality is it's probably just a bunch of people who don't get out all that much, have one too many, snort a bit of brave dust and then go overboard. They're fannies.

Soldato
I've experienced both the "office Christmas party" as well as the "self employed one".

A self-employed one where I'm on my own is a millions times better in my opinion :D

Back
Top Bottom