• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the 5700s a good choice yet when it comes to reliability of the software?

Associate
I have been driving myself crazy trying to pick a graphics card lately, i started with the idea of a 1660super then a 2060 but then thought why not grab a 5700 but all i have read is how terrible the software is, the crashes, the black screens etc but i don't know if this is an actual issue NOW or if this was a few months ago.

What do you guys think? Is it worth the "risk" and is there even a risk now? I just was a card i can buy,. install and use, no issues, no tinkering, no nothing, i wonder be overclocking either, just want to play games with no annoyances.

Soldato
There was never really massive issues. Most people on here got along fine with some niggling issues. Latest drivers are supposedly decent.

Amd bring out new features every christmas, with new features bugs happen but would rather they keep bringing good features with a few bugs to start with than no new features. It's like any new software the problems mainly arise when released into the wild then it gets sorted.

Associate
OP
There was never really massive issues. Most people on here got along fine with some niggling issues. Latest drivers are supposedly decent.

Amd bring out new features every christmas, with new features bugs happen but would rather they keep bringing good features with a few bugs to start with than no new features. It's like any new software the problems mainly arise when released into the wild then it gets sorted.

So would you say if i went for a 5700 i should be able to plug it in, install the drivers and just GAME? There shouldnt be more issues with the 5700 than say a 2060? I just dont want any problems, im sick of problems with hardware, i just want things to work well. If it wasnt for the worry i would snap that 5700 up.

Man of Honour
So would you say if i went for a 5700 i should be able to plug it in, install the drivers and just GAME? There shouldnt be more issues with the 5700 than say a 2060? I just dont want any problems, im sick of problems with hardware, i just want things to work well. If it wasnt for the worry i would snap that 5700 up.

I had been gaming on the radeon 7 release drivers since it was released without any issues at all yet people all over the net will tell you that the release 7 drivers were junk. I literally put the card in installed drivers and used it never to hit a problem. The other night the rift s forced me to update my drivers. Installed the new ones, fired up boneworks and had an issue striaght away :) dropped back one driver revision and now its perfect again. It's like anything some people will find a ton of issues, others never seem to have any issues at all. Myself I gave up fiddling years ago and just want it to work and I can honestly say the radeon 7 has just worked for me since release. The same will apply to the 5700.

Soldato
I had been gaming on the radeon 7 release drivers since it was released without any issues at all yet people all over the net will tell you that the release 7 drivers were junk. I literally put the card in installed drivers and used it never to hit a problem. The other night the rift s forced me to update my drivers. Installed the new ones, fired up boneworks and had an issue striaght away :) dropped back one driver revision and now its perfect again. It's like anything some people will find a ton of issues, others never seem to have any issues at all. Myself I gave up fiddling years ago and just want it to work and I can honestly say the radeon 7 has just worked for me since release. The same will apply to the 5700.

Exactly the same experience for me. Had my Radeon 7 since February, no drivers issues at all until I installed the new 2020 drivers. They are complete garbage and gave me crashes even in 2D use. Installed 19.12.1 and all perfect again.

RX5700 had pretty bad drivers though from day one. Helped a friend solve a few of his issues, but some still remain.

AMD need to quality test new releases far more thoroughly before releasing. I expected the drivers to keep improving thanks to the increased r&d and support budget from Ryzen's success, or perhaps they are still starving the Radeon division.

Soldato
My brother and myself both got 5700xt's, mines a Nitro+ and he got a Powercolor dual fan basic version. No problems encountered. Some games like Starcraft 2 had stutter but disabled Radeon Anti-lag and the stutter is gone.

Back
Top Bottom