What do you do with your extra money?

Man of Honour
I don't have a particular strategy, it tends to go on gambling and savings I guess. My spending patterns are quite irregular, I don't set budgets, savings targets or anything like that. Gambling is inherently volatile in that it can easily win or lose more than a months salary quite quickly.

There are pros and cons to my approach, on the one hand it means I generally don't enjoy life as much as others in my position (salary/savings) probably do (people in my team who report to people who report to me have more expensive houses and shorter commutes than I do); on the other hand it means if we want a new car, holiday or whatever, I can just pay for it, and I don't have to worry about the short term impact of losing my job or whatever.

Soldato
Are there any decent savings accounts left? Just heard that Santander is dropping its 123 interest rate to a pathetic 1% soon, and I have a few grand sat in there, which will basically be doing nothing now!
I'm quite tempted to whack a lot of it in to my HL S&S ISA.

Soldato
Like...I don't even know.. the figures change monthly but roughly, £250 into my Virgin Savings account (max i can do ) £360 into Lifetime ISA to max out in time for April, £500 or so into my Stocks and Shares ISA just because i don't know what else to do with it and it's gained 10% over the time i've had money in there. £200 into H2B ISA, couple hundred into my High Yield Savings 90 day notice account, some more into my High yield*(not that high yield) instant access account..

Whatever is left just sits collecting in my bank. This'll change soon though; credit card 0% ends at the end of March so that'll be paid off, need to buy myself a new car but once that's done I'll try and have specific amounts going into each and every place consistently so i know where it's all going...

Back
Top Bottom