Who's got a electric heated throw for their sofa?

Soldato
Not on about the ones on beds, they all seem to heat fine.

I've bought 4 different heated throws and they are all full of wire, but only ever spot heat in small areas.

Anyone bought a heated throw that's super comfy and actually gets hot rather than luke warm in small areas?

:)

Soldato
My Mrs would love one of those - she's always cold on the sofa even with the heating on for hours. Unfortunately the dog would tear it to pieces, so bit expensive for that.

Caporegime
I think this thread is above your IQ

Move on....

he is right though. put some more layers on.

you are trying to save money by having heating off. then spending money on an electric blanket. then the running costs and eventual replacement costs.

also how do you clean a heated throw? it would also look terrible and not exactly look good to visitors, etc.

why not just buy an electric heater and heat the single room instead? i think i worked out my dyson heater costs 20p per hour on full blast. it only needs to be on for like 10 minutes for the room to be roasting. so it costs nothing and is a much easier option to use in any room that needs it rather than a throw.

or just wear more clothing.

Soldato
he is right though. put some more layers on.

you are trying to save money by having heating off. then spending money on an electric blanket. then the running costs and eventual replacement costs.

also how do you clean a heated throw? it would also look terrible and not exactly look good to visitors, etc.

why not just buy an electric heater and heat the single room instead? i think i worked out my dyson heater costs 20p per hour on full blast. it only needs to be on for like 10 minutes for the room to be roasting. so it costs nothing and is a much easier option to use in any room that needs it rather than a throw.

or just wear more clothing.

Don't you know this thread is for smart people only! Your IQ isn't high enough! Move on...! rational thought will not be tolerated!

Associate
Well i never. Never knew this kind of thing existed. I suppose they're good if they're cheap to run.

A warm air blower, with funnel, hose, and a thick duvet will do you well :p

Apologies for potentially pointing out something though, the reason they may not get hot hot is because of the running costs and ability to make it still flexible, comfy and initial purchase cost?

Soldato
sounds like a terrible thing. Why would you want one? Are you 86 and living in a nursing home ?
Funnily enough I was looking at these for somebody who is over 90 and constantly feels cold, despite the room being 25c most of the time and the doctor saying they can't do anything.
Might just be trying to save on the heating bills?
There's saving on heating bills and just not putting the heating on while feeling warm. Letting a house go cold doesn't allow any moisture in the building to evaporate.

Soldato
OP
They cost 1p an hour to run...

You can wash them

It saves you putting your heating on

Saving you huge money long term

We have invested the microwave if folks on thread didn't know?

Why buy coat to go outdoors

Caporegime
They cost 1p an hour to run...

You can wash them

It saves you putting your heating on

Saving you huge money long term

We have invested the microwave if folks on thread didn't know?

Why buy coat to go outdoors

anything that costs 1p an hour to run won't produce much heat unless it's heat pump technology which this won't be.

why not forgo the heated throw and just use a hairdryer for 30 seconds?

Soldato
Get a throw from dunelm for about 15-20 quid, they’re so warm they feel like they are heated.

Perfect for sofa days when you’re ill or if you’re just cold.

Back
Top Bottom