Temtem (Pokémon Inspired MMO)

Associate

Temtem is a massively multiplayer creature-collection adventure inspired by Pokémon. Seek adventure at the lovely Airborne Archipelago along your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your house, join a friend's adventure or explore the online living-world.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this! It looks like a legit alternative to Pokémon for other platforms, although it will see a release on the Switch also.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Even though no one has expressed interest here, Temtem has gained a significant following, and most publications are treating it as a serious Pokémon contender.

Associate
OP
Why a mmo? Rather it be a sp game so no mmo grinding mechanics or pay walls or sub.

The game can be played entirely solo, there's just no offline mode because it's strictly an MMO. Also, there's no pay-to-win or subscription model.

The game won’t include any pay-to-win at all (we’re never going to sell Temtem, items that will help you in battles, or experience boosts). We're still not certain about the future of microtransactions in Temtem but it will probably feature some for cosmetic items only.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Anyone giving this a go?

early access came out yesterday.

The early access launch was plagued with server issues, but it appears to be stable now.

K0oLMJS.png

I did purchase the game for my son and I, but I've yet to try it! :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Temtem is not without it's faults, but Crema has succeeded where Game Freak has repeatedly failed, and it's no small surprise that the game is a hit. Yes, there are teething issues, but there's over 30 hours of content already, so just imagine where it will be in a year's time! Also, one major advantage is that Temtem will be available on all of the consoles, which means it has a much larger audience. If the game supports cross-platform play, Game Freak can expect to have some serious competition on their hands.

Soldato
Having fun with this game in early access, Can see it growing very nicely. Runs very smoothly on the PC thus far and 21:9 support is nice out the box. Can see myself pouring plenty of hours in with the full game :o

Back
Top Bottom