Huel

Associate
God the amount of salt that people have in these recipes 6g, even 7g. 5g is the maximum (WHO recommendations) not a target! And many of these are low cal diets! Huel only has around 3.5g in a whole 2,000 calories.

Seems like a whole lot of effort for not much cost saving tbh compared to all the other products on the market.

Anyway just found out about the 10% student discount, so with referrals it's like £30.50 for 3.4kg which is 90p for 400 calories.

My worry with Huel is the intrinsic quality of the ingredients, for example I doubt they are using whey protein isolate for there source of protein...

Anyway I will post a recipe shortly that is similar to Huel V3, with the same macros etc.

Caporegime
My worry with Huel is the intrinsic quality of the ingredients, for example I doubt they are using whey protein isolate for there source of protein...

Anyway I will post a recipe shortly that is similar to Huel V3, with the same macros etc.

"Intrinsic quality", protein is protein, doesn't make a nutritional difference.

Associate
What a star :) Thanks

heard good things about this, and the above topic just kinda echoes it, ordered some.

What flavours did you go for?

I like it more as a desert than savoury so have a bag each of chocolate and vanilla. A scoop of each blended with a banana and left overnight is delicious. It's also good over chopped fruit like strawberries as a breakfast. The key though it to give it time after preparing to thicken up.

Soldato
What a star :) Thanks

heard good things about this, and the above topic just kinda echoes it, ordered some.

Number one pro-tip for Huel - Always leave it for a few hours, ideally overnight, after mixing.

Firstly, it has a nicer consistency. But most importantly, it lets the air bubbles settle out of it, otherwise you will have the most vile, paint-stripping gas you've ever experienced.

I have two scoops for breakfast, which I make the night before and leave in the fridge. When I finish that, another two scoops goes in the fridge for afternoon snack.

I really rate it personally, especially working from home, having a go-to healthy snack in the afternoons instead of grazing whatever toast or leftovers I can find, is grand.

Soldato
What's the longest anyone has made/left it made up for? I assume it must have a reasonable shelf life since they sell premade bottles, albeit probably better sealed than a shaker.

As @mid_gen says, it's better left for a few hours. I'm tempted to make some for the fridge, but without a set intention of when to have it, more as a backup to save me going on the hunt for rubbish!

Their website suggests only 24 hours, which is a little short, but wondered if anyone had gone longer and had any opinions.

Man of Honour
What flavours did you go for?

I like it more as a desert than savoury so have a bag each of chocolate and vanilla. A scoop of each blended with a banana and left overnight is delicious. It's also good over chopped fruit like strawberries as a breakfast. The key though it to give it time after preparing to thicken up.

Went for premades to try - more expensive but less faff. Vanilla and Choc.

Number one pro-tip for Huel - Always leave it for a few hours, ideally overnight, after mixing.

Firstly, it has a nicer consistency. But most importantly, it lets the air bubbles settle out of it, otherwise you will have the most vile, paint-stripping gas you've ever experienced.

I have two scoops for breakfast, which I make the night before and leave in the fridge. When I finish that, another two scoops goes in the fridge for afternoon snack.

I really rate it personally, especially working from home, having a go-to healthy snack in the afternoons instead of grazing whatever toast or leftovers I can find, is grand.

Bought premades so shouldnt have to worry too much about the mixing :p

Back
Top Bottom