PlayStation Now Save Game?

Don
Hi all,

My kids have a PS4, I decided to try out Now as there were many titles they’d like. They don’t have a PSN subscription as they don’t play anything online. I was under the illusion that Now didn’t need a PSN sub to play games online neither.

Here is the problem, they’ve played LBP3 twice now and both times it’s saving the game, presumably into the cloud, where you need a PSN sub. To download the cloud saves, you need a PSN sub. Is there anyway around this?

They won’t use it enough for me to warrant forking out for an online sub so that’s out of the question.

My wife and I both have PS4s so home share the online sub before anyone asks that question.

Cheers,

Don
OP
For anyone interested, Sony came back to me, seems you don't need PS+ for saves.

I have no idea where the LBP3 save is, you go back on the game and it acts like its the first time you've ever played it. I guess I need to try some other games to see if the same issue occurs.

How do PlayStation Now saves work?

PS Now game save data works differently depending on whether you are streaming or playing a downloaded game.

If you are streaming a PS Now game, the save data will be stored within the PS Now application. You can pick up your stream on another device and continue your game without taking any other steps. If you are playing a downloaded PS Now game, the save data will be saved to PS4 system storage.

PS Plus online storage acts as a middle ground between the two save types. Game save data is not automatically transferred between streamed and downloaded games, so you will need to upload your save to PS Plus online storage and transfer it in order to continue.

Associate
Don't own a PlayStation, but reading above you need ps plus to transfer save to console?

Really simple with Xbox, I can jump between consoles and streaming simply by starting game on another device and you get message downloading save from cloud.

Back
Top Bottom