Silverstone RVZ03 help Cooler options

Associate
Hi all,

So having a bit of a challenge keeping 2700x cool at stock speeds in a Silverstone rv03.

The stock cooler is too tall and I have clearance for a cooler max of 820mm. I have been reading a fair bit about low profile coolers and although is seems they would do the job in a normal case they wont in mine due to very limited air flow.

I have been looking at an a Corsair Hydro Series H60 but I am limited to room and wanted to make sure it will cool the above CPU well.

I do not intent to clock (be nice If I could) and noise is the main benefit as the rig is a gaming/HTPC in my living room.

Would the above AIO be suitable or could you recommend alternative options?

Thanks

Man of Honour
i've answered your question in the other thread...but since you made a new thread specifically...

silverstone has recommended their own td03-slim aio - it's in the rvz03's manual
h55 and h60 have reports on the interwebz/reddit that it'll fit, though i haven't tried them so cannot confirm these reports (i suspect you'll have to use a slim fan instead of the 25mm fan supplied though)

i can recommend the cryorig c1 - though it only comes with a 15mm slim fan...the cooler is short enough to fit a 25mm fan once the white shroud is removed
from my research - the c1 is the largest cooler that will fit in the case with a 25mm fan
i've paired my c1 with a noctua nf-a15

naked cryorig c1 w/o shroud mounted onto the board...
...with a gentle typhoon on the case fan mount

3cf8hEI.png
@Plec @orbitalwalsh 25mm fan fits! closes perfect

JCvD2WK.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Cryorig C1 is good cooler.
Did similar biuld using Thermalright AXP-100RH which is smaller but still has 6x 6mm heatpipes. (L119 x W105 x H51mm + H14mm with fan) so short enough a full thickness 90mm fan. Needs adapter plate like below for 120mm fan.
5216_32_thermalright_axp_100_low_profile_cpu_cooler_review.jpg

If you can find one of the orginal AXP-100 kits they came with adapter plate to mount 120mm fan. ;)

Cryorig C1 is L144.5 x W140 x H74mm with fan.

I can supply dimensional drawings if needed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for replys,

Tamzzy the td03-slim AIO dont support AM4 according to product description.

The Cryorig C1 also comes in full copper version.

I will do a bit more reeding on both products

Associate
OP
Looks like you can order AM4 kit from. Silverstone direct.

H60 advertises it comes with AM4 fittings.

Going to youtube when home and see what the crack is with the above suggestions.

Ideally hope i dont have to completly strip board out to fit need cooler

Associate
OP
Also been thinking of mixing things up. Maybe put a 240mm AIO under the gpu and a good quality fan on the top of the case. My though would be to push air down from the top and expel from the bottom. The gpu section is shielded through due to the case is designed so woule i be better using the top fan to expel also?

Soldato
Cryorig C7 is good little cooler. But why are you looking at small cooler and flat coolers? RV03 has 163mm CPU clearance so coolers like Mugen 5 Rev.B will fit, run quieter with much better cooling. Phanteks PH-TC14PE (£52.99) will fit case and clears RAM up to 52mm tall without front fan and middle fan can be lowered flush with top of cooler if thumb screw in middle of cooler base is removed. Front fan only improves cooling 1-2c at full speed so removing it has little effect on cooling. 2x fans are 3dB louder than 1x fan, and 1x fan running at same DB as 2x fans cools the same as 2x fans, so running with only middle fan is not a problem. PH-TC14PE has 5x 8mm heatpipes each rated about 60w TDP for a total of about 300w TDP .. much higher cooling ability than smaller cooler. This means fan only has to move about half as much air through it to cool as well as a smaller 140w TDP cooler. ;)
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-cpu-cooler-black-hs-009-pt.html

Dimensional drawing:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/24624895-post3.html

Soldato
That explains small coolers. ;)

RVZ03 only has 83m CPU clearance so H7 won't fit. But it works very well with flat cooler because side vent is almost directly over CPU, so airflow can be setup for cool air vent into cooler or heated air from cooler out vent. Did one of these a few years back usign AXP-100

Soldato
Slap a custom AIO/low profile water loop on it ;)

LCQVZnd.jpg

Silverstone 15mm low profile fan, XSPC 20.5mm 120mm rad which performs on equal of better performance then 80% of 30mm thick copper rads , and eisbaer LT pump/block ;)

*note - i cut out extra vent/intake whole for 240 rad but TX 120mm XSPC Rad will do just fine !

Associate
OP
Taken the plunge on an AIO after hours of checking different sized and other bit and bobs.

Going to change the fan to a Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12.

Will give a airflow of 56 cfm @ 17dBA.

Looking to fit tomorrow night so will let you know how i got on

Associate
OP
Hi all, so managed to install a 120mm IAO cooled inside the case and made a massive difference.

Used the 15mm low profile fan that came with the case for the time been on the rad and going to order the above now I know it all fits.

So, cooler used was the Coolmaster Lite and what was very good about this product was I did not need to remove the board. The bracket provided in the retail box was same as the stock cooler fitting for AM4 (saved me a good hour not having to remove the board).

So the difference in temps are amazing, due to the lack of air flow and it been located in a wooden TV unit made the CPU with stock cooler idle at about 58c, when running simple tasks it shot up in to the 80`s.

Currently idle at 42c and prim 95 had the CPU hit 89c. The Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 looks to produce twice the static pressure and air flow at 17dBA so should see further reductions once fitted :)

The pump is also very quiet so I am happy with the results.

Hope this helps people out with the same case who may be in the same predicament as me.

Last edited:
Associate
for my RVZ03 I thought the stock spire 2nd gen (no copper plug) cooler (from the 3600) was a little too loud as the cpu intake vent was pointing directly at the user (as the PC was mounted on the desk to the right).

So I bought this cryorig c7 https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cryorig-c7-top-flow-rgb-cpu-heatsink-hs-015-cy.html

To my surprise that was even louder - perhaps it was the thin fans.

So I mounted a 1st gen spire (from a ryzen 1700) and that was much better. tweaking the fan profiles has helped dramatically too. The fan profile I put in was 50% fan 20-60ºC then to ramp the fan up to 100% between 60-65ºC to ensure that the cpu boosts to its max.

Associate
I think the best air cooler for this case is the big shuriken 3, with a high static pressure fan on top. I use the noctua ppc industrial fan, and it cools my 125w tdp cpu really well. The 25mm fan does make it hard to fit the side panel with the slim fan above, but i find it works better that way

Back
Top Bottom