Tin of Pink Salmon

Soldato
I just found a tin of wild pacific pink salmon with a BBE June 2017. That said, I read "High acid foods such as tomatoes and other fruit will keep their best quality up to 18 months; low acid foods such as meat and vegetables, 2 to 5 years. If cans are in good condition (no dents, swelling, or rust) and have been stored in a cool, clean, dry place they are safe indefinitely."

Silly question I'm sure, but throw or not? :p

Soldato
I'm currently working my way through several 4 packs of tuna which expired in Dec 2015, apparently. No dents, inside of the tins is unblemished, contents smelled and taste good. Haven't died yet, and even if there are hidden toxins poisoning me, they're probably no worse than the mercury etc in the tuna thanks to our polluted oceans. So, er...

I guess you could say why take risks for a few quids' worth of salmon? But I try not to be any more wasteful than I have to be and have no other dangerous hobbies. :)

Soldato
If the tin is undamaged then open it and see, if it smells ok then risk eating it but it's entirely up to you.

I personally would throw it away as I hate salmon but that being said I wouldn't have bought it in the 1st place.

Soldato
I don't like waste either
It will probably be fine but
For the sake of 1 tin
You want to risk botulism
A potentially fatal illness?
And even if you didn't die you will
Feel like you are dying
Food poisoning is no fun
Do yourself a favour and Throw the thing in the bin

Back
Top Bottom