Fixing dips in block paving driveway

Caporegime
Hi all

We have a couple of fairly substantial dips in our block paving driveway. Has anyone here attempted to fix this problem themselves, or is it best left to the 'pros'?

Puddles collect in them when it rains / we wash the cars and it just generally looks shoddy. I'm assuming something wasn't done properly when it was first installed.

Any tips gratefully received.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Give it ago yourself first, then when you make a pigs ear of it, get the pros in :p

Surely it's a case of taking the blocks out and add in some more sand, levelling and compacting it down? A few YouTube videos later you'll also be a pro.

Soldato
Assuming it's an old style block paving (not everything sitting on cement), then you just lift the blocks, add sharp (not soft) sand, put the blocks back in and compact with a mallet. Then when it's properly dry, sweep some kiln dried sand between the blocks.

Soldato
I had to replace 50cm x50cm section due to wife's last car deciding to have a nice oil leak . Last year I fixed a dip that's slow been getting bigger. I just lifted blocks dug down few cm added some more sub base then sand didn't take to do

Back
Top Bottom