• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How can I see what my cache speed is for my 8700k when it is set to 'auto' in the bios?

Associate
I'm doing a bit of tinkering with my 8700k which was delidded at OCUK and has been running at 5ghz since I bought it on an Asus Maximus Hero X.

Is there any way to see in Windows 10 what the max/min CPU cache is running at when it is set to auto in the bios so I can tell what the current stable setting is before I start to push for more?

Associate
If you want to see what min and max values are set to as well as current value then you could try Throttlestop FIVR window.

Example taken from 8700K
NEbBWuJ.png

Associate
OP
Thank you all very much for your replies. Auto seems to set it to 44 max - so i might have a tinker with that and see if it is happy with more and if it makes any significant difference beyond benchmarks

Soldato
Thank you all very much for your replies. Auto seems to set it to 44 max - so i might have a tinker with that and see if it is happy with more and if it makes any significant difference beyond benchmarks
It should give you 'more' but I haven't been able to measure any difference in the stuff I use. It should be ~300 less than your all turbo max, so for 5ghz it should be ~4.7Ghz.

Associate
There’s no magic formula for cache/ring/uncore. Find your stable core ratio with the right amount of voltage and llc first. Then when that is stable, start moving your cache up 100mhz at a time until it’s unstable.

there’s never a benefit to add more voltage just so you can get higher uncore.

it does help in reducing overall latency so there is value in it so take the time max it out.

Back
Top Bottom