Stuck in a tent - How would this end up?

Man of Honour
So you're in a vacuum with an aqualung, that's the gist of it since you've specified that this tent is airtight, unbreakable and won't collapse under the pressure differential.

The quickest way to die in a vacuum is to have your lungs full of air. The lack of pressure causes gases to expand a lot, so if your lungs are full of air (or any other gas) it will very rapidly expand and cause fatal lung damage. If you breathe out before entering a vacuum you won't die that way because the remaining air in your lungs won't be enough to expand them further than they can safely expand.

If the aqualung remained sealed perfectly to your face, completely airtight, that would help. I don't think it would help enough, though. To keep you live until the air runs out, the kit you're wearing will have to seal you effectively enough to maintain your internal pressure at normal and for that to happen you'd have to be wearing a spacesuit.

Interesting question.

Commissario
OP
So you're in a vacuum with an aqualung, that's the gist of it since you've specified that this tent is airtight, unbreakable and won't collapse under the pressure differential.
Actually if you read further down, we've determined that the tent does collapse under the pressure and is tight against your body.

Soldato
Well after reading this thread I've developed a complex, I'm never going camping again, tents are really scary, holiday to Rhyl now cancelled, thx @Feek

Soldato
I was given some Tramadol to ease the pain of a kidney stone, and they were brilliant! The super duper Co-codamol before them were ok, but didn't really touch the pain - though they did make me itch all over! The opiates though - brilliant, I had no pain, and cared about nothing really!

Had a few odd dreams on them, but the weirdest thing, was being at work a couple of days later - wearing my protective boots; but my sensory system was adamant that I had slippers on! I had to keep looking down to check :D

Caporegime
That film was laughably bad!
Watched that the other night randomly, it’s decades since I last saw it, yes it’s laughably bad but also very dark (and I don’t mean the blackness of space) something that I missed as a kid., just loved the scene where the asteroid rolled through the ship.....

Associate
just saw something on the bbc about electrosensitivity mostly towards mobile signals. In the event that 5g gets stronger and then moves towards 6g 7g etc i imagine more will get this sensitivity in the brain dunno. But even so, this tent sounds like what people would want to live in inside their houses..

This isn't exactly common at all, but yeah tents arn't bad imo. If the oxygen is gone though I wonder how much would rise through the soil.

Soldato
Surely the trip continues?

The tent fully inverts and takes you with it. Now you are the outside of the tent. A big, sturdy, tent-shaped Feek. Inside the tent is the universe, outside is nothingness. You spend eternity staring into the abyss, knowing that time and space now exist within your canvas walls but you are now immortal and no longer part of those mortal things. There will be no heat death of the universe because your walls are super sturdy and there is no thermal transfer to the outside. The scientists were wrong.

Feek is the eternal guardian of the universe.

Back
Top Bottom