Xbox account on used console

Associate
I managed to get a good deal on a Xbox One X and there’s an existing account on there with some games.

Is there any reason that I should remove the profile?

Associate
It'll be tied to a Microsoft account. Whether that person uses that is another question. Many websites now don't need an email to use, just a phone number. So i think younger people would easily not notice. I imagine like google accounts you can, "sign out all accounts", which would mean the Xbox too.

Depends if you care for those games. I'd play them while you can, but certainly wouldn't add any Gold membership or buy any games on that account for fear of being signed out permanently.

Associate
OP
I removed the profile. Oddly enough the games are still downloadable and playable. I’ve absolutely no recollection of purchasing RE2 but there it is plain as day. I can’t see it anywhere in my purchase history and I don’t think it was a Games With Gold freebie in the last 6 months that I’ve had XGP ultimate. Am I going mad? Surely if the games are associated with a profile, are not installed, and the profile is removed they shouldn’t be on the list of installable games?

Soldato
Any digital downloads will be linked with the Xbox as well as the profile. Until the previous owner deletes the Xbox from the account it is still likely to load and play while you are connected online. I have an old Xbox 360 which I gave to a friend without my profile but still linked as a device on my account. All of the digital games I had on the hard drive worked fine for him and his children.

Back
Top Bottom