Would you extend warranty not long before selling?

Soldato
I'd go option 2 or 3.

Option 2 is a nice selling point when the time comes. While it might not add value it is a good negotiator when they try to get ge price down.

That said I'd probably go option 3 myself.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Option 3 definitely, i buy cars like this, and i like the car to be under warranty.

Equally, i then dont ever extend the warranty. The value of it to me is knowing that upon purchase it was under warranty right up until i purchased it, and the mindset of the previous owner was to keep it under warranty. Cars under warranty are unlikely to be hiding anything, as simply there is no reason for them to be.

Don
OP
Option 3 definitely, i buy cars like this, and i like the car to be under warranty.

Equally, i then dont ever extend the warranty. The value of it to me is knowing that upon purchase it was under warranty right up until i purchased it, and the mindset of the previous owner was to keep it under warranty. Cars under warranty are unlikely to be hiding anything, as simply there is no reason for them to be.

exactly my thoughts. would give the buyer confidence that there can't be much wrong because if there was I would have had it fixed

Soldato
Whilst there's probably not many on the market, are you able to see any comparables from other sellers with/without warranty to judge potential price difference?

Don
OP
Whilst there's probably not many on the market, are you able to see any comparables from other sellers with/without warranty to judge potential price difference?

haven't actually looked a valuing mine yet but it will prob be cheapest V6S in country anyway due to high *for this type of car" miles, so hopefully adding a huge spec, full main dealer history and warranty will make it a relatively easy sale

Back
Top Bottom