Leg broken in 12 places and laid up in hozzy!

Soldato
it depends on where you live
but yes as said some hospitals do IV treatment
at home
i had severe legs infections last year
but stubbornly refused to take up a hospital bed
some one worse off than me could have
they put a line in my arm
and came daily for couple of weeks to do
the IV at home
its a great service if your local trust do it
leaves beds free for others
saves you the mind numbing boredom
of being stuck in hospital too

Associate
Yeah definitely ask about community intravenous antibiotic service and I hope your area does it. I had to go into their clinic for the first two but then the following 3+ weeks were from home. Saves them money as you aren’t using a bed. Outcomes I think for patients are generally better as well due to home cooked food, sleeping in own bed, less chance catching something else from someone, social/family impact etc. with regards to swelling of your leg if you can keep it elevated and supported under a few pillows overnight it should help a fair bit. If you can get the blood pumping a bit through legs it also helps so depending on your range of movement one of those floor based cycle things might be worth doing (sit on a normal chair)

Soldato
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I don't want to put a downer on this, but I am sure this has all already gone through your mind.

When I was your age an injury of the scale of yours would probably have resulted in an amputation. (And yes, the brutal reality is that, with the infection, it might yet :( )

One of the things that really ****** me off about the current criminal justice system is how nowadays people who carry out brutal life threatening and/or even "lethal" assaults manage to get away with far lighter charges simply because their victims happened to have good doctors!

IE because victims can make good, even complete, recoveries from vicious assaults that might well have killed them even only 25 years ago. Perps end up getting away with facing charges that in no way represent their intent or deed!

There really should be a re-evaluation as to how the law in modern societies deals with situations like this.

(It is sort of happening, but unsurprisingly, since the Government and Lawyers are involved, they are making a complete Horlicks of it! :( )

Good Luck! :)

Back
Top Bottom